Here at Iceland we're different. We care. We're not a dull stuffy corporate. We're one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. We have a fantastic opportunity for a IT Tester to join our IT team within our Head Office in Deeside, near Chester.
Purpose of the Role:
As a business, we are continually looking to improve how we do things, this includes technology enhancements to improve and simplify business processes through delivering high quality IT applications written by our .Net development team. As with all technology enhancements it is essential that we ensure hardware and software are thoroughly tested prior to release.
Thorough testing helps the design process and ensures a faultless solution at every stage of development. You will work closely with the project team including business stakeholders, developers, business analysts and project managers, allowing you to understand what the solution is meant to do, its key features and its users. As an IT Tester you will be responsible for a variety of exploratory, unit, functional and integration testing.
Duties and Key Accountabilities:
- Attending project workshops, meetings, sprint reviews and system demos
- Working with business stakeholders, developers and the BA team to understand business / project requirements
- Preparation of functional and scenario test cases including expected outcomes.
- Plan and execute manual test cases following iterative software releases.
- During test execution, ensure application behaviour meets requirements specification.
- Complete data integrity checks.
- Record test results, identify and analyse anomalies and where necessary raise and track defects with development team.
- Working closely with the project team and developers to report and track testing progress.
- Complete testing iterations within agreed deadlines.
- Perform regression testing to ensure a software release has no detrimental impact to system functionality.
- Create, manage, and maintain testing documentation for complete regression testing and to support user testing.
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly self-motivated and well organized. Ability to manage workloads effectively.
- Ability to be vigilant and inquisitive with good attention to detail.
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal communication & influencing skills.
- Ability and willingness to work well in a team and independently.
- Understanding of workflows and process flow diagrams
- A natural curiosity and desire to succeed and drive for results
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Flexible & adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances.
- Confident in working with internal and external teams.
- Willingness to support others.
- Ability to multi-task and test on varying platforms.
- Practiced in sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues.
- Knowledge and/or expertise in agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge and/or expertise using MS DevOps (Test Plans, User Stories, Kanban Board)
- Experience testing web applications.
- Proficient in cross-browser, mobile and device testing would be advantageous.
- Proven experience of functional/UAT testing in an online or technical environment.
- Understanding / experience of test automation would be advantageous.
- Prior testing experience including writing test cases is desirable but not essential.
- Office productivity skills are desirable, MS office, Excel, Visio etc.
- Knowledge and/or expertise in DB interrogation including MS SQL would be advantageous.
- Testing Qualification such as ISTQB would be advantageous.
Make a difference to your career, we expect a lot but you'll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package,
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday,
- Flexible working,
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount,
- Free parking onsite,
- Double discount weeks,
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite,
- Discounted gym membership,
- Charity fundraising events,
- Educational sponsorship,
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave,
- Long service awards,
- Reward & recognition,
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Contact Name: Iceland