|Listed on:||27th February|
|Salary/Rate:||£400 - £420|
|Start Date:||2021-02-27 00:00:00|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title:Active Directory Specialist
Infrastructure Services - Active Directory
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
The Core Infrastructure group manages the day to day running of the technologies which underpin the business systems. Focussed teams within this portfolio manage the day to day health, support, and future direction of each specialist area. An exciting opportunity is available to join this group for a Microsoft Active Directory Specialist. Focussed on all aspects of this technology, the Active Directory Services team handle day to day management of the platform; the documentation and governance of platform standards; through to the planning of technical direction and strategy.
Joining a highly productive team, the successful candidate will be expected to familiarise themselves with the processes and procedures of the bank quickly to be able to support and oversee the day to day platform management and the coaching / mentoring of best practice to teams operating the identity processes. Candidates will be expected to articulate complex technical instruction in plain English to earn the support of senior management stakeholders and those technically less experienced. The role requires an excellent team player; a self-starter with a motivation and desire to seek out & deliver improvements and a drive to document and promote future platform opportunities for approval and funding.
Candidates applying for this role must be able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory technologies through either a Microsoft Systems Engineer qualification or at least 5 year’s experience working in this speciality.
Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
1. Responsible for Active Directory across Client’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
1. Govern and advise on technical direction especially through technical workshops and 1:1 coaching session to ensure alignment to business strategy.
1. Creation and maintenance of technical guides to convey fact, simply and effectively to both peers and those less experienced.
1. Daily management and maintenance of the Microsoft Active Directory platform to ensuring service availability; health and performance monitoring & alerting and the maintenance of operational & technical documentation.
1. Balances technical fact / opinion against business risk / delivered service to provide well thought through guidance to support technical staff with incident, problem investigation and project decisions.
1. Initiates investigation and proactive improvements for standard operating processes and procedures, utilising the current owned / licensed tools available, to evidence and escalate issues to the management team. Candidate should be comfortable in communicating with all levels of the management hierarchy.
1. Can produce and interpret service performance and security data to provide analysis for investigations; baseline performance and trend reports for management to highlight areas of focus / improvement and on-going change.
1. Plays a leading role in documenting, presenting and using direct communication to map software lifecycle, create work breakdown structures (WBS) and the appropriate supporting documentation to ensure that the software remains current and supportable without disruption to the organisation.
1. Leads technical delivery, supporting the programme and project managers delivering specialist tasks to time and cost.
1. Works with the problem management function under the ITIL framework to investigate potential and actual service problems and recommends solutions. Follows formal procedures to plan and test proposed solutions.
Functional / Technical competencies (Essential):
1. Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server (Version 2008 and above)
1. VMWare ESX (version 5.5 and above).
1. Quest AD management tools (e.g. Quest Change Auditor; Quest Recovery Manager)
Functional / Technical competencies (Preferred):
Experience working with or supporting the following technologies would be an advantage:
1. McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 / ePO 4.5+
1. SAN Storage (EMC and Hitachi)
1. Varonis DatAdvantage
? 5+ year’s experience supporting an Active Directory within large corporate environment.
? Experience managing a Windows Server platform, especially at Windows Server 2008 R2 and above.
? Experience managing Active Directory infrastructure: Roles, DNS, DHCP, Sites & Trusts, SPN, ADFS, ADCS, Kerberos and other authentication protocols.
Work experience (Preferred):
Experience highlighting and managing Active Directory in "Cloud" based scenarios
Duration of the Assignment:
6 months- renewals on rolling basis
Special working conditions (travel, on call etc):On call and weekend working required.
Additional remarks (if any):
1. Degree level qualification or equivalent level / recent technology focussed qualification.
1. Familiar with the specific standards associated with an IT practitioner's current role: e.g. Health and safety standards; change management; incident management and problem management standards; and common service focussed frameworks such as ITIL.
1. Good general knowledge of IT infrastructure (hardware, software, database, networking, and cloud technologies).
1. English language skills required for technical authoring of documents and creating of persuasive presentations.
1. Certified Systems Engineer standard demonstrable skills associated with Microsoft software (e.g. MCSE or equivalent)
Degree level qualification or recent technology focussed qualification.
I.e. Negotiating, client facing, communication, assertive, team leading/team member skills, supportive.
Behaviour competencies (Essential):
Excellent communication skills
Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
A proactive, motivated approach.
The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
Strong decision-making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
A structured and logical approach to work
Strong problem-solving skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
Ability to work out of hours / weekends (often at short notice).