Salary: National Starting - £38,654 & London Starting - £42,466
Do you have exceptional interpersonal skills with a passion and determination to win people over and deliver sustained business change?
Do you have experience and knowledge of successfully applying business change management methodologies and tools?
If so, we want to hear from you.
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
We are looking for a Business Change Manager to join the DfT Digital Change and Adoption Team. You will be responsible for creating and implementing change management strategies and plans to maximise staff adoption and usage of services developed or deployed by the department's Digital Service. You will focus on the people side of change, assisting with positively delivering messages and supporting changes relating to business processes, systems, culture and technology.
You will be actively involved with teams across the Digital Service and will build extensive working relationships at all levels across the Department.
includes but not limited to
• Supporting projects and leadership to ensure change management activities are built into the lifecycle of a project or initiative to maximise success and deliver the benefits.
• Identifying and working with stakeholders to map the benefits, understand their starting position, build awareness of the change and help them to build the desire to change.
• Helping to reinforce the change through positive communications, celebrating success etc dependent on your understanding of the stakeholders and users, their motivations and the nature of the change.
• Maintain and promote a catalogue of Change Management templates, tools and techniques.
• Work closely with other Change Managers in the Digital Change and Adoption team to create and support a Change Management community in the Digital Service and across DfTc.
• Help manage and source both internal and external change management resources (including suppliers) that are allocated to projects and initiatives.
Do you hold Prosci ADKAR® Model certification or similar certification? You will have previous experience and a knowledge of the hands on application of change management principles, methodologies and tools (ideally Prosci ADKAR®), and a strong understanding of how people experience change and the change process. With exceptional written and verbal communication skills, you will positively articulate messages and adapt your style to maximise impact. You will have proven experience in engaging, and building strong partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders and users, and demonstrating excellent interpersonal and active listening skills. You will be a skilled influencer, with the proven ability to persuasively communicate to a diverse range of users and stakeholders to minimise resistance to change. You work well independently, proactively prioritising your work in a dynamic work environment. You are familiar with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle, including Agile and PRINCE2.