Nigel Frank International
17th November 2020
£45000 - £65000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
What we are looking for are those with a true passion for technology. Do you enjoy projects with the latest technologies outside of your standard day then this is probably an ideal position for you. A multi-million pound invest within this company has been solely focused towards the future of the tech side of the company. Along with this each person that works for the company will have full exposure to all the latest training and technologies available.
As a senior engineer you will make a significant contribution to codebases and delivery mechanisms involved in delivering the requirements of the business and, working with Scrum masters, ensure the team lives agile values and principles day to day. You should coach more junior individuals in best practice in engineering problems and influence self-organisation within the frontend sprint team to ensure team ownership and accountability for committed work.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Management and Support:
* Makes significant contribution to the development of our frontend applications, store themes and codebases, helping to define and embed best practice across the team.
* Ensure a cross-functional, collaborative environment across product, design and engineering.
* Contributes to processes to ensure projects are delivered to deadlines, and therefore budgets.
* Coaches and builds the capability of more junior engineers to build a highly effective team, capable of handling the complexities and challenges that come from supporting a global, fast-growth organisation.
* Actively encourages process improvement on a sprint by sprint basis through increased team velocity and process changes to the betterment of the team.
* Ensures that there is alignment between the frontend engineering team and product ownership on delivery expectations.
* Identifies when change is required and can build a case for change to the Head of and lead roles.
* Contributes to processes that support the engineering strategy set by Tech leaders.
* Is responsible for making improvements to processes and systems to enhance performance of the frontend engineering team.
Collaboration:* Works to ensure project work is progressing within agreed timelines and that the team's autonomy is maintained while aligning with the aims of the business.
* Drives consistency of approach across the Tech team to present a united approach to the rest of the business.
* Works collaboratively with Tech colleagues to mediate and remove obstacles on behalf of the sprint team to ensure sprints are successful.
Knowledge and Opportunity:
* Maintains a clear and detailed knowledge of the industry trends, best practices, and innovation ensuring that we remain a world leader in their field
* Strives to monitor and challenge existing Tech and frontend engineering processes to continually improve our output in both frontend engineering and the wider Tech team.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Demonstrable knowledge of Agile practices and the Scrum Framework and its application and delivery.
* Extensive experience with version control systems and centralised code management.
* Experience of implementing security best practices in frontend applications.
* Must be expert in HTML, CSS and JS (ES6 as a minimum).
* Extensive experience with CSS pre-processors and dependency management.
* Expert experience using at least one of; React, VueJS, Angular, Webpack, NPM, Yarn, SASS/SCSS.
* Demonstrable knowledge of CI/CD pipelines for web applications.
* Must be able to demonstrate an ability to take UX designs and layouts and and turn them into responsive experiences with a focus on mobile first thinking.
* Must be capable of tailoring even the most complex messages for different audiences in a manner appropriate to the audience.
* Must be self-motivated, be proactive going beyond the call of duty, have a keen eye for detail, be result-oriented, and have an ability to work stay calm under pressure and in uncertainty inspiring the same in the team.
* Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both Tech colleagues and the wider business, translating complex technical concepts into simple terms where required.
* Ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks.
* The ability to thrive, with minimum level of supervision, in a risk-taking, fast paced environment.
* Agile to change and pragmatic, you'll be a collaborative team player and be comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment where identifying needs, providing solutions and adding value is a prerequisite.
* Commercial Awareness and a creative problem solver with the ability to think laterally and understand the cost and value drivers within a competitive business environment.
* First class interpersonal and communication skills.
* Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
* Keep up to date with external trends and best practice in software engineering, innovation and code based engineering more broadly. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, please apply and one of our senior consultants will call you. Email: S.email@example.comPhone: +44 (0) 203 868 5191