Job Title: BI Developer (Business Intelligence)
Location: Darlington with flexibility to work from home
Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced BI Developer to join the Business Intelligence Team here at Redde Northgate.
Redde Northgate was formed in early 2020 following a successful merger to become the UK's foremost integrated mobility solutions provider. At a Group level, our objective is to create a single 'shared-service' HR function that works alongside our core businesses to provide high quality, commercially-focused support by delivering enhanced people services.
You will be part of a team of highly skilled BI (business intelligence) developers, so should be able to work as part of the team, on projects, across the business, or on own initiative.
You will be solving business problems by writing queries, designing and maintaining OLAP cubes and Power BI Datasets, and designing reports and assisting with business-driven data BI & reporting projects. Alongside this you will assist in maintaining the organisation's growing data warehouse, and other such solutions as they become needed.
- Design BI solutions on the BI SQL Server stack using SQL Server data tools for use with Microsoft SharePoint, Power BI or other similar technologies
- Deliver incremental value through agile BI methodologies including the management of Product backlogs & Sprints
- Design, develop and deploy data warehouses and ETL solutions from various data sources
- Design, develop and deploy analytical cubes and reports using appropriate tools
- Manage current ETL/SQL and future estate code using Azure DevOps Repos, or other suitable product(s)
- Write relational and multi-dimensional database queries
- Review all ETL data processing tasks - troubleshoot and rectify any production related issues
- Ensure current SQL Services and BI reporting tools are optimally configured for BI solution
- Monitor, troubleshoot and isolate performance issues in the BI solution and act to prevent recurrences
- Administer security permissions and user access control to the data warehouse and cubes
- Ensure adherence to all development standards and protocols including change management, code review, documentation and testing
- Provide documentation about database/data warehouse/analysis cube structures
- Maintain excellent understanding of the business systems data structures and code releases
- Maintain an understanding of other business applications in use, their data structures and code releases
- Educate and advise internal customers on how best to leverage available data for consumption
- Be a subject matter expert on the data structures within applications used in the business
- Working with other teams stakeholders to identify and implement improvements or new requirements
- Support report analyst requirements, quickly being able to interpret and exploit data provided
- Significant experience in BI, reporting, data and databases
- Good understanding of T-SQL scripting and stored procedure experience and/or other BI and reporting development environments
- Understanding of OLAP cubes & Tabluar models and the design and implementation of ETL processes
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI)
- Excellent data cleansing, quality, profiling, modelling, integration skills. Development of new and existing data models (using Kimball methodologies (Star Schema, Snowflake)
- A good understanding of database architecture and database design
- Ability to collaborate on a team with infrastructure, development, business analyst and other resources, and clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to organise and prioritise work tasks
- Ability to drive own performance standards and quality
- Able to work to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of running customer workshops
- Any Microsoft BI or SQL accredited training, or equivalent from other BI & reporting solutions
- Knowledge of DAX querying SSAS tabular models
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX, and or other modern ERP / business operating applications
- Experience of Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI)
- Keen to provide good service to internal and external customers
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Business Intelligence Supervisor, Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Systems Analyst, Solutions Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, BI Coordinator, Analyst, Business Process Analyst, BI Analyst, SQL Analyst, Business Intelligence Team Leader, Technical Analyst, Technical Business Systems Analyst, Technical BSA, BSA, Big Data Analyst, Framework Analyst may also be considered for this role.
Contact Name: Redde Northgate plc
Job ID: 2870392