Front End Developer
12 month contract
Up to £375 per day
Remote based / Reading
The incumbent will be directly responsible for realization of the strategy & business direction for the digital learning innovation and instructional design environment
This will be achieved by:
- Directly leading, defining and delivering the development and programming frameworks responsible for the programming and testing of Digital Learning & Communication deliverables
- Continually expanding and multiplying the footprint of knowledge on forward-looking learning technologies and methods of development and programming within the frame of digital learning.
Scope (global, regional or local):
Direct deliverables of the incumbent are applicable to all the clients global functions plus interface functions as well as 50+ country locations in operating locations (10,000+ users).
Adequate training and demonstration of operational qualification is one of the key elements of the overall risk management, legal/compliance and license to operate framework within the company. Delivered learning events will directly lead to capability improvements in operational practice throughout. Therefore, this position significantly contributes to the performance, efficiency, and productivity and compliance status of the whole organization.
- Act as an expert frontend developer and consultant to drive and deliver innovative e-learning courses and platforms as a critical member/co-lead of Global Learning Event Development teams and the R&D Learning Community.
- Champion and multiply expertise for forward looking learning industry technical innovation and external benchmarking in the field.
- Drive selection of most appropriate development frameworks and authoring technology to meet the goals of appropriate and risk managed technical specific requirements, cost efficiency, learner engagement and innovation for a given e-learning/digital intervention.
- Manage and lead the technical development processes in line with project design specification, art direction and timescales
- Work collaboratively with our team of design managers and art directors to provide the technical development skills to deliver world class learning programmes and platforms
- Ensure that all e-learning resources developed meet RDLA technical quality targets, is version controlled, SCORM/AICC compliant, consistent, and aligned to the RDLA brand.
- Research, evaluate and recommend solutions to improve functionality and impact of RDLA digital deliverables. Continually expand knowledge base and technical expertise on forward looking technologies, both in terms of rapid and bespoke authoring capability and options to enhance the learning environment supporting the LMS platform (eg, xAPI capability, LRS, adaptive learning, AI/Machine Learning etc.)
- Define, describe and ensure future proofing of all RDLA technical specification & authoring manuals, digital learning design templates to reflect continually advancing digital innovations
- Lead R&D Learning Community Digital infrastructure and standardization projects as nominated, to proactively achieving the goal of continuous improvement of digital learning processes, practices, tools and standards.
Qualification & Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in degree in computer science or a comparable discipline with at least 5 years work experience in a Front End Developer role or lower level qualification supplemented by at least 8 years relevant work experience with proven promotion path.
- Expert understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Expert understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and Expert
- Expert understanding of SharePoint development
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN
- Practical bespoke application of Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality and XAPI technologies is a distinct advantage.
- High level of self-motivation and creativity, bringing enthusiasm and a solution orientated approach to the role.
- Exceptional attention to detail supported by good organizational and time management skills Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Fluency in English is critical.
Contact Name: Experis UK
Job ID: 2867398