Programme Manager - Manchester
£50,000 - £60,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Manchester City Centre
£50000 - £60000 per annum
A leading organisation is currently looking for a Programme Manager that will work closely with the senior executives across both the IT and Finance departments to deliver change. This role will involve end-to-end project management, working from shaping and initiation through to solution design, implementation and deployment.
* Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
* Defining the programmes governance arrangements
* Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme
* Managing the programmes budget on behalf of the Executive Sponsor, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
* Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programmes individual projects
* Managing third party contributions to the programme
* Managing communications with all stakeholders
* Managing risks to the programmes successful outcome
* Working with the business change teams or equivalent on the transition to the new business as usual position
* Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Executive Sponsor and Steering Committee.
Skills and Experience required:
* Previous experience in large scale programme management in complex, regulated financial services environments.
* Excellent stakeholder engagement and management experience with heads of business, and both structured project management skills as well as am understanding of agile delivery.
* Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
* Sound business case development and approvals skills
* Good knowledge of both waterfall programme and project management method as well as experience with agile delivery
* Demonstrable solution development and end-to-end deployment in a large-scale project management experience in complex, regulated financial services environments