Data Engineer (Developer)
6 Months + Extensions
Would you like to join Europe's most popular broadcasting and media brands? Our client is looking for talented Data Engineer (Developer) with good commercial experience within SQL and ETL.
They're at the forefront of innovation whilst pushing boundaries and you'll be given the freedom and support you need to make an impact!
Data Engineer (Developer) Requirements:
What you'll do:
- Deliver innovative technical solutions that will meet the business requirements of our stakeholders. This will entail analysing, developing, testing and deploying the appropriate solution through the full development lifecycle
- Collaborate extensively with peers across DTA and provide technical & domain input to ensure that we collectively understand and strive to solve key business questions
- Contribute towards defining Visualisation best practice and standards, ensuring consistency of delivery across the team
- Produce a detailed breakdown of development tasks on projects
- Adhere to the end to end change process and apply necessary rigour in a timely manner
- Assist with the mentoring of associate engineers and colleagues during the project lifecycle with a focus on continuous improvement in a supportive environment
What you'll bring:
- Extensive data analysis and interpretation background - the ability to critically evaluate data gathered from multiple sources helping key stakeholders understand and maximise the potential of Sky's data
- Excellent SQL skills enabling large scale data transformation and analysis
- Strong technical background in visualisation tools, such as Tableau, with a focus and understanding of end to end best practice in providing selfserve data and dashboarding capability
- Experience in cloud based ETL environments, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of data modelling and ETL concepts and techniques
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fastmoving commercial environment
- Effective management of multiple priorities and conflicting requests
- A passion for data and an eye on emerging trends and techniques
If you believe you'd be suited please submit your CV at the first instance.