Role: Quality Engineer
Location: Cardiff (CF14 7YT)
Duration: 6 Months
Pay: Negotiable on experience
Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health.
Our client are a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. They have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
What you'll do
- Preform product release activity & reject products and material not meeting specifications.
- Managing the goods in process (Inspection, testing, or measuring of materials, products, and work for conformance to specifications)
- Setting up new part programs on the QV ELF vision system.
- Identify, drive, and implement projects that improve COQ.
- Develop and implement SPC charts and carry out trending.
- Responsible for implementing new process, transfer of work and carry out any validation required.
- Drive the performance activities required to assure the delivery of high-quality services to operation.
- Responsible for defining, implementing and managing crucial processes and metrics to meet customer quality expectations and internal quality expectations.
- Carry out in process checks, investigations, and environmental monitoring.
- Managing the non-conforming material.
- Customer complaints review
Who you are
- Working experience in Quality Control
- Attention to details, and effective cross team communication.
- Knowledge and understanding of acceptance activity for incoming, in-process, and final inspection requirements associated with this job to ensure materials or products conformance to their specification and out of specification items are properly handled.
- Knowledge and understanding of material concessions, segregation, control of non-conforming product; practices of chemical analysis, instrument calibration, chemical management and documentation management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to evaluate the impact of actions on the business and our customers
- Engineering based bachelor's degree
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Experience maintaining Quality Management Systems
- Working knowledge of quality assurance requirements ISO9001, ISO14001
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team, Strong influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good understanding of Lean Six Sigma
- Strong technical background
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance.