IT Project Manager
£45,000 - £52,000 + benefits
12 months fixed term contract
35 hours per week (happy to talk flexible working)
We're the CIPD " the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We've been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
Given the many recent changes in the world of work, there has never been a more interesting and important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days' holiday, free access to LinkedIn Learning and flexible working arrangements.
As IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the development and timely release of new CIPD systems/solutions as defined by the Head of IT and the IT Project Portfolio Manager. This is a hybrid role involving significant degrees of business analysis and project management at a high level of expertise. The job holder is expected to play a project management role in managing projects delivering software implementations, web-based development and implementation projects, and improvements ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to specification.
What You'll Be Doing
- Ensuring the CIPD's core systems evolve to support the Institute's changing needs. Delivering business consultancy in order to develop these systems to support the business future needs
- Managing projects that involve IT, working with internal project teams or senior management with the commitment and drive to ensure that project aims and objectives are clarified and projects are delivered on time and to agreed acceptance criteria
- Effectively translating user requirements and business cases into functional specifications and to develop project plans using PRINCE2 and/or Agile approaches
- Ensuring that product functionality meets functional when delivered adheres to technical and user requirements, in particular thoseaddressing security, usability, data protection, statutory standards and systems architecture standards
- Effectively project managing internal and third-party resources
- Providing effective project planning and excellent communication at all levels as a key to building successful stake-holder relationships
- Helping to manage the IT project office and ensure the output meets CIPD standards
- Effectively managing allocated project budgets, timescales and quality of deliverables
- Ensure the recording, analysis, and mitigation of project risks
- Providing input into the organisations strategy and use the appropriate channels for exception reporting and escalation.
What You'll Need To Be Successful
- Significant experience in a Project Management role with a PRINCE2 or PMI qualification. This should include proven expertise in business consulting and project management
- A technical background is a must. Skills required include knowledge of operating systems/platforms, databases (SQL), core business and CRM systems , systems integration, , project management methodologies, , web content management systems , e-commerce technologies , and will be Prince 2 qualified
- Demonstrable experience in project management and be capable of taking responsibility for co-ordinating and guiding projects
- Effective stakeholder and third-party resources management experience
- Consulting skills, good commercial awareness, project management, business analysis, change management, excellent communication, and technical skills with e-business, e-commerce (including payment gateways) and Single Sign-On knowledge
- Sound understanding of the software development process. Experience in translating user requirements and business cases into functional specifications and proven time management and leadership skills are essential
- Working collaboratively with the project teams to ensure that projects are delivered on time and successfully. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in delivery on large-scale software implementation projects, which include full exposure to the complete project lifecycle (including change control and risk management) and in the development and execution of effective stakeholder management plans.
- Desirable Systems knowledge on Tridion, SalesForce, Integra, CourseMerchant, BrightSpace, Mastercard payment gateway.
Please note, this advert is due to close on Thursday 5 November 2020.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual - we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore, we would urge you to submit an application as soon as possible.