Who we are:
Nutmeg is Europe's leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don't want to stop there! We're continuing to build our platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world.
Job in a nutshell:
This Investment Analyst position sits within our wider Investment team, and will play an integral role in the research and monitoring of all funds held in Nutmeg portfolios. This entails both quantitative and qualitative assessments, allowing the selection of an extensive range of exchange traded products, across all asset classes.
This is an unparalleled opportunity to work closely with experienced investment professionals in a stimulating environment, whilst developing a specialism in exchange traded products.
The role holder will work closely with all members of our award-winning investment team, and will be accountable for the selection of the exchange traded products that make it into Nutmeg portfolios. The delivery of above market net investment returns is critical to our mission to deliver a world class investment service to people with all levels of wealth. This role has a key impact on the delivery of good investment outcomes for clients.
- Act as the subject matter expert for exchange traded products at Nutmeg
- Identify opportunities to optimise our portfolio holdings and introduce new fund ideas to the investment team
- Closely analyse the structure and operation of exchange traded funds to manage key risks
- Contribute to the development of in-app investment and portfolio content for clients
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and commentary of individual client holdings in response to customer service queries
- Manage a fund due-diligence process, selecting the optimal index funds for portfolios across all asset classes
- Continually monitor a ‘best-buy' list of funds to ensure that Nutmeg clients are invested in the optimal fund products
- Take responsibility for creating, up-dating and maintaining documentation of processes and controls
- Play a key role in the management of Nutmeg client portfolios, informing the asset allocation process through the provision of index & product specific insight
- Maintain strong relationship with fund providers, and work with ETP capital markets teams and Nutmeg trading team to support good trade execution.
- Represent Nutmeg externally within the funds industry, with a view to becoming a spokesperson for Nutmeg on ETF topics.
- An individual with passion for and experience within investment management
- Experience in ETFs and mutual fund structures would be beneficial, as would exposure to ESG investment techniques
- Strong quantitative skill set, including Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with quantitative modelling software
- A broad understanding and strong interest in macroeconomics, investment markets and the investment fund industry
- Highly curious, with a passion for financial markets and exchange traded products
- Strong communication and influencing skills, able to work in a collaborative but thriving environment
- An attention to detail in written work
You might also be:
- Educated to degree level, in a technical/numerate discipline
- Familiar with quantitative programming software such as Matlab
- Knowledgeable of financial software such as Bloomberg and Factset
Please note that this role is subject to compliance with the FCA's Senior Managers & Certification Regime ("SMCR"). As a result, we are required to apply enhanced vetting procedures post offer acceptance.
The successful candidate will further be subject to ongoing compliance with SMCR to include yearly exams and annual review of fitness and propriety.
- 25 days' holiday
- Birthday day off
- 2 days' paid community leave
- Daily delivery of fresh fruit and artisanal coffee
- Cycle storage and showers onsite
- Generous pension plan
- Private healthcare from day 1
- Season ticket loans
- Competitive salary
- Access to coaching platform & regular knowledge sharing
- Part of a diverse and inclusive Nutmeg team
Contact Name: Nutmeg
Job ID: 2862628