Job Title: Estimator
Location: Bulwell, Nottingham (with travel to client sites)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company, part of a larger group, is a specialist design, installation, testing and maintenance contractor, within the electrical earthing, lightning protection and height safety market.
Operating nationally, the business focuses on providing top quality safety-critical services for the protection of people, buildings and infrastructure.
They're a successful, growing company that is looking for talented employees who want to work in an environment that is challenging and rewarding.
This position would suit an existing experienced estimator or graduate with an electrical qualification, with full training provided.
The principle responsibilities of the Estimator are:
- To follow up on order enquiries (attending construction sites and consultant design meetings when required), confidently persuading and promoting the company's service offering
- To produce quality designs and estimates ensuring all specifications and requirements are met to the clients satisfaction
- To ensure all quotations are commercially costed taking into account of plant, labour, materials and time requirements
- To retain and nurture existing client relationships for additional business through championing customer service and technical excellence
- To work in cooperation with the operational manager/supervisors on a day to day basis to allow business objectives and targets to be met
- To interface with the client throughout projects/contracts where needed and thereafter to ensure mutually beneficial opportunities are realised
- To be aware of competitor activity, gaining feedback of unsuccessful tender submissions and monitoring market trends
- To accurately record and update all business activity on the business system (IFS)
In order to be successful, the candidate will need to have or be working toward the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Worked in the construction industry within a contracting business
- Hold a thorough understanding of the sales quotation processes and pricing mechanisms
- Strong customer interface with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate as required to close sales opportunities and retain business
- Ability to understand and translate the needs of the client into a coherent bid
- Attention to detail
- Possess drive and passion necessary to grow both profit and order intake, ideally in a similar environment
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise and work autonomously
- Experience within the Lightning Protection industry, knowledge of the Lightning Protection British Standard (BS EN 62305) and/or work involved with Power Earthing projects would be a distinct advantage. Alternatively, a technical background in electrical installation with an aptitude and eagerness to learn the lightning protection industry is essential
- Understands importance of building strong customer relationships in securing new business, supporting high level of contract retention and repeat business
- Valid driving licence is essential
- A Great Career With A Successfully Growing Business
- Car allowance
- 33 days holiday
- Company sick pay
- A Contributory Pension
- A Competitive Salary
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: Only apply if you live in a commuting distance or are willing to relocate.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Estimator, Project Estimator, Cost Estimator, Engineering Estimator, Works Cost Estimator, Manufacturing Estimator, Manufacturing Costs Estimator, Contract Engineer, Technical Estimator, Engineering Project Estimator, Technical Project Estimator may also be considered for this role.