Senior Sales Manager - Intelligence Solutions
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their people make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Working here is more than just a job - everything our client do is focused on defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of customers.
The successful candidate will be required to provide focus and orders delivery, primarily aligned with the Data Intelligence & Security Technologies Integrated Delivery Teams (IDT) within the Cyber & Information (C&I) Business Unit.
As a Senior Sales Manager, you'll own the delivery of a proportion of the orders target ascribed to IDT and be responsible to the Head of Sales for growth through strong customer relationships, understanding the customer/market needs (Customer & Stakeholder engagement), helping to develop the IDT strategy and closing orders. Additionally, you will provide engagement with customers and be able to form strong business/resource relationships operating in a matrix environment.
The post holder will be responsible for the sales management across a proportion of the IDTs as well as taking direct ownership for the assigned portfolio of sales opportunities. The Senior Sales Manager will also need to work closely with colleagues across the Global Business Winning team with particularly emphasis on the Test and Evaluation Global Campaign and Strategic Captures that are aligned to the C&I Business Unit or Cyber Intelligence Solutions IDT.
The areas of focus for the IDT are around:
- Further developing opportunities with our strategic customers in the National Security sector.
- Growing our presence in adjacent markets such as secure and central Govt.
- Position us to expand our offerings into wider GCHQ and OGDs
Previous demonstrable sales & business development experience in one of more of these areas is perquisite for this challenging role, with recent experience in Secure DevOps data analytics application development, and/or secure operational technologies space a distinct advantage.
- Sales management across the assigned portfolio within the IDT, including ensuring that processes are followed effectively in terms of opportunity triage, Decision Point reviews, delivery within allocated business winning budgets and accuracy of pipeline data and associated forecasts
- To manage internal and external stakeholders, including where appropriate supporting the development and ongoing management of key customer Accounts and B2B relationships. Including the development, management and execution of the Cyber Intelligence Solutions IDT Customer Engagement Plan
- Leadership and progression of a personal portfolio of opportunities. Personal order intake target would typically be in the range £10-15m pa
- Works collaboratively with wider sales teams to support cross sales team initiatives including where appropriate support to the Global Campaigns and Domain Strategies
- Ensures that their own performance positively impacts the performance of the wider sales and delivery teams, including coaching and mentoring of the IDT Project Management colleagues to maximise the sales potential through change orders and existing contract plus ups
- Accurate forecasting and delivery of target (C4C data accuracy)
- Ensure compliance and adherence to legal and the organisations process, with auditable visibility
- Support increasing use of C4C to support CRM within the team and across the wider business
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous demonstrable experience in a one or more of the focus areas for the IDT
- Excellent understanding of and ability to apply sales concepts, tools and principles
- A leading advocate and practitioner of winning business, liaising with customers, structuring propositions and overseeing the creation of compelling proposals and bids
- Thorough understanding of sales competencies and tools, best practice and current thinking regarding effective and commercially sound sales strategies
- Detailed knowledge of capabilities, skills and products offered at Business Unit level as well as a good understanding of company-wide capability
- Skilled at managing relationships / conflicting priorities
- Strong coaching, facilitation and consultancy skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at all levels
- Knowledge of challenges and changes in the sector and how they may relate to the organisation
- Excellent knowledge of the defence & national security industry - knowledge of capabilities, skills and products applicable to the Cyber Intelligence Solutions market is highly desirable
- Position requires to either hold a DV, or work towards obtaining a DV