My client is seeking an experienced Procurement / Sourcing specialist to join their busy team based in Rosyth.
The successful candidate will be part of a busy team on an initial 3 months contract basis.
The requirement has been put in place to capture project requirements for multiple and complex work packages and develop effective supply chain solutions leading the sourcing and tendering processes through to contract negotiations and award. The position requirements are as follows:
- Capture work package requirements and design supply solutions that meet project requirements, maximising performance whilst minimising risk and complexity.
- Manage and lead sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project deliverables
- Ensure tender documents are prepared and issued to suppliers in accordance with project governance and relevant security aspects.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to ensure cost effective supply solutions are obtained ensuring the clients commercial position is best protected and properly reflected within contracts.
- Lead tender evaluations engaging with relevant stakeholders and prepare purchasing recommendations for project board approval.
- Ensure all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied including demarcation requirements in accordance with project build strategy.
- Lead contract negotiations ensuring effective and timely contract award to meet the project schedule and required in yard dates for the build programme.
- Maintain and build business relationships with suppliers to ensure project deliverables are achieved and favourable terms agreed to meet project requirements.
- Work with suppliers to identify opportunities to improve equipment and service costs to reduce the overall life cycle costs within the programme.
This position will focus on sourcing and contracting. Individuals should be able to work within a project team environment engaging with multiple stakeholders but at the same time work autonomously with responsibility to develop and deliver multiple work packages through to contract award and working to deadlines that meet project objectives.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.