Job Title: Covid-19 Public Health Analyst
Salary: £26,999 - £28,785 per annum
Job Type: Full time, 1 year fixed term contract (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 6th September 2020
In this varied and unique role, you will be working to support their response to Covid-19 and the local outbreak prevention and control plan. You will join others in the Research & Intelligence Team who provide the analytical support to this function.
Using your high-level problem-solving skills you will obtain, analyse, interpret, and publish information relating to COVID-19. Your input will be invaluable into the process of understanding the data flows, determining priorities for action, assisting a wider understanding of the characteristics of the local population impacted and actively disseminating the findings of a wide range of analysis, identifying, investigating and resolving problems with data quality.
- Lead on the collection and analysis of Covid-19 data published and made available to Local Authorities, including having a detailed knowledge of the relationship between datasets, and identify trends and patterns in the data
- Undertake analysis of a complex data related to Covid-19 to provide deeper insight and a rigorous evidence base to inform the decisions made by the local Health Protection Hub
- Provide insight into the needs and characteristics of local communities who are or may be impacted by Covid-19
- Produce reports and dashboards to communicate clearly and concisely the findings of analysis
- Provide advice and make recommendations to senior managers from the Council and partner organisations on complex Covid-19 data and be accountable for that advice and recommendations.
- Map, interpret, report and actively communicate the findings of their work, together with recommendations, through written reports, briefings, verbal presentations and through the Council's website.
- Be accountable for the accuracy of their work and ensuring that it is in line with statutory guidance where applicable.
- Be accountable to ensure that their work is legal, secure and in line with the Corporate Information Security Policy and GDPR legislation
- Educated to degree level, equivalent professional qualification or substantial demonstrable relevant professional experience
- The post-holder will have significant experience in working with data and undertaking complex analysis, preferably in a Public Health related role
- Experience of working to a high standard under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of analysing, interpreting and reporting complex datasets using appropriate statistical techniques
- Experience of using data visualisation software, such as Power BI and GIS
- Understanding the implications of operating in a political context
- Understanding how data and intelligence can shape and drive the response to Covid-19
- Understanding how to collate, analyse and translate mutli-variate raw data into meaningful intelligence with a demonstrable understanding of the challenges in doing this including data capture, quality, statistical robustness
- Advanced knowledge of the data pertinent to the role
- Understanding the practical implications of legislation with regard to information sharing with partners
- Advanced analytical skills using a range of software, including Excel and preferably skilled user of visualisation software such as Power BI and GIS
- Understanding of and application of statistical techniques and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to build credible relationships whatever the background
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Public Health Analyst, Public Health Officer, BI Specialist, Systems Analyst, Business Intelligence Consultant, Solutions Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Analyst, Business Process Analyst, SQL Analyst, Technical Analyst, Technical Business Systems Analyst, Technical BSA, BSA, Big Data Analyst, Framework Analyst, IT Analysing, BI Development, BI Data, SharePoint, Excel, ASP.NET ISS SSL, MS SQL and DB Design may also be considered for this role
Contact Name: Bluetown Online
Job ID: 2848021