Not many companies can say they've been around for 500 years, but this one can. Serving businesses and communities all over the UK, six days a week, this FTSE 100 company are recognised as one of the best at what they do.
Who will you be working for?
Reed Professional Services (RPS) has an exciting opportunity for Business Analysts to lead our team of experts based in Farringdon engaging with a large logistics client to support the delivery of a new major programme implementation.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for Business Analyst to manage the delivery of two major areas.
2.Import and Export project
These two areas are interlinked. The Business Analyst will manage the delivery of the projects particularly with the post-Brexit process changes which will impact import -export trade.
- Working with the business to ensure the business requirements are defined and documented for a given problem / opportunity
- Working with the business to write functional and non-functional requirements to define what the solution will be
- Working closely with a Solution Architect to support the design of a solution that meets the requirements
- Working closely with suppliers who are providing solutions (there is no internal development resource so suppliers are relied upon to deliver solutions)
- Working closely with the test team to ensure the solution is tested properly prior to go-liv3
- Supporting any UAT that is required
- Working with Service Delivery to ensure a smooth transition from delivery into Business As Usual support
- Resolving issues through the course of project delivery
- Ensuring business stakeholders are kept up-to-date with progress
- Working alongside a Project Manager who is responsible for the day-to-day running of the project
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong requirements management skills (projects are typically delivered in a Waterfall framework with deliverables required to pass through a gating process)
- Good Process Modelling skills
- Good stakeholder management skills (working closely with business, operational and IT)
- Demonstrable experience at working as a Business Analyst for large complex organisations.
- Proven experience in requirements gathering and process mapping.
- Interpersonal skills/effectiveness (Communication, Influencing and Collaboration, Listening, Conflict Management).
- Vendor/Supplier management experience, in a multi-supplier environment.
- Experienced at working within both Waterfall & Agile project environments.
- A proactive approach to work.
- Strong team work and collaboration.
- Previous experience of working for a logistics company
- Previous experience of working for a consultancy