IT Support Manager - Central London
20th July 2020
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior IT Support Manager
Client is a global Insurer who are disrupting the market through its innovative use of technology. They are in the midst of a digital transformation with massive investments into cutting edge technologies and are looking for a hands-on manager that can play a key role in helping to turn the vision into a reality.
As the Senior IT Support Manager you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and management of desktop support solutions and processes in support of the Information Technology services with a strong focus on automation and cloud technologies.
* Oversee the development and progress of all desktop technicians within each tier of Desktop Support ensuring appropriate client communication, incident documentation, proper escalation processes, incident prioritization and SLA attainment.
* Bring automation within IT using scripting techniques, adoption of the latest technology to continue to remove manual processes in IT
* Implement a data driven approach to support, using metrics to measure and optimize support activities.
* Provide transparency of IT support issues to other senior managers and business leaders
* Ensure End-user IT products and services are delivered on time and within budget.
* Implement a comprehensive training and mentor program for the members of the IT services team.
* Collaborate with the Infrastructure & Networking and the Cloud & Automation teams to deliver a secure, reliable and repeatable IT user experience to our users.
* Filtering and resolving escalated issues within the Desktop Support; act as main point of contact for personnel to resolve issues beyond their skill set, knowledge, etc.
* Design, develop and implement user training offerings based on support data.
* Communicate day-to-day activities and challenges to Management
* Engage internal teams and 3rd party vendors to resolve computer and/or application performance issues
* Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Training to Internal/External Departments including the Service Desk and other support focused teams
* Stay current with industry changes in hardware, software, and security
* Mentor/develop/motivate staff with ongoing evaluation of direct staff for required skills and experience.
* Be a thought leader in adopting the latest technology and support techniques
* Proven Experience in transforming traditional IT support teams leveraging the Microsoft Cloud Stack to provide an automated self-service platform. Experience with Azure Automate, Intune Autopilot and Azure Security Centre is beneficial.
* Experience in managing teams leveraging Agile methodology using Azure DevOps or similar platforms.
* Demonstrable experience managing a successful Global remote IT Desktop Support team
* Demonstrated success in establishing and implementing support processes and standards
* Good working knowledge of PowerShell scripting.
* Experience supporting Desktop Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows and Apple OSx
* Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms
* Excellent Oral and written communication skills
* Strong customer service skills with proven experience in collaborating with peers, leaders, employees and vendors (on-site and remote)
* Experience with Budget development
Please apply now if you are interested in being considered for this position.