Information Security Engineer
£35000 - £35000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Information Security Engineer
About The Organisation
Our client is an IT services company with a difference. They have an irrefutable track record of implementing, managing and supporting business-changing IT solutions.
In conjunction with their digital innovation division, they deliver next generation automated IT services that are designed to disrupt the market in terms of speed, performance and cost.
They're the go-to guys for user-centric IT. From strategy, to infrastructure build and ongoing support, they give customers access to the latest technologies to enable their businesses to operate at their best.
Our client is currently looking for an Information Security Engineer to join their team in Birmingham.
- Salary of up to £35,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Company phone scheme
- An additional day of annual leave for your birthday
If you are a proven IT security professional with an excellent grasp of Symantec Endpoint Protection, Rapid 7 and vulnerability management, this is the ideal role in which to advance and develop your career.
You'll be able to build on your strong technical background and obtain practical experience of innovative IT solutions and services whilst working with high profile customers.
As an Information Security Engineer, you will be tasked with supporting key elements of the managed support service for a high profile client.
Specifically, you will support the client's SOC team, vetting external systems and providers and ensuring they are suitably tested and follow security best practice.
Your role will involve:
- Assisting in the planning, management and execution of vulnerability and risk assessment projects
- Supporting reporting on compliance with IT security standards
- Enabling and assisting with the deployment and reporting of monthly security patches
- Vulnerability management
- Reviewing antivirus definitions
- Responding to, and actioning, incidents
- Helping to check the stability of new applications or platforms
- Creating and maintaining high quality technical documentation
To be considered as an Information Security Engineer, you will need:
- An excellent understanding of Symantec Endpoint Protection and the use of its Management console
- An excellent understanding of Rapid 7
- An excellent understanding of vulnerability management and patching
- A good understanding of security principles
- A good understanding of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 desktop and server operating systems
- Good knowledge of network devices and security perimeter devices to report on vulnerabilities
- Good knowledge of email security products, primarily Mimecast
- Good knowledge of web proxy solutions, primarily Zscaler
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
Previous experience with relevant information security and management standards would be preferred. Knowledge of Cloud storage solutions such as box.com would also be an advantage, as would experience within an Agile working environment. Some experience of Mac OS and iOS devices would also be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Security Engineer, IT Estate Security Engineer, Cyber Security Engineer, Network Security Engineer, or IT Security Engineer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as an Information Security Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.