Job Title: Web Developer
Location: Colchester (remote and flexible working arrangements considered)
Salary: £28,465 - £34,213 per annum + exceptional benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The council have an opportunity for an experienced Web Developer to join their digital team in Colchester. They're looking for someone to lead on the development of web apps, APIs, and technical architecture for a range of digital projects.
You will work closely with the rest of the digital team which includes front-end and back-end developers, UI/UX designers, and content designers. You will also liaise with services across the Council (such as Planning, Waste & Recycling, Contact & Support) to understand their requirements and build effective solutions.
To support the Digital Development Manager in the development of the Council's websites, developing policies and procedures within the team to ensure web development fulfils customer need and corporate priorities and working with internal and external partners in the most economic, efficient and customer-focussed manner to enable digital development and channel shift.
- Act as a digital ambassador across the team and wider organisation; identifying good practices to adopt through sharing of knowledge of tools and techniques.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team of developers, UI designers, content designers, and project managers, whilst actively leading and guiding the technical roles within the team.
- Develop plugins, web apps, and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability.
- Help to develop robust technical architecture and suggest and implement improvements to current practices.
- Provide technical leadership, implement and maintain standards of practice, and develop and deliver technical training programmes to the team's web developers.
- Ensure all code (not just your own) is documented and recorded to build team resilience and ensure business continuity whilst contributing to the Council's development standards.
- Fix bugs and resolve issues raised on an ad hoc basis whilst mentoring other members of the team to develop their technical ability so they can carry out similar issue resolution activity.
- Have a strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility, quality assurance, and development standards and apply these to website development whilst developing and promoting this within the wider team.
- Manage the delivery of the web development aspects of the council's digital and organisational transformation programmes ensuring that the practice applied complies with agreed approaches and protocols.
- Provide a range of digital services, consultancy and expertise to deliver a leading digital customer experience.
- Combine technical expertise and leadership of other team members, to contribute to the development of online services that deliver positive channel shift, council efficiencies and enhanced customer service.
- Experience in requirements gathering, technical and functional design documentation, stakeholder management, UAT Testing and user training
- Ability to customise Microsoft Dynamics 365 (entities, workflows, forms etc.)
- Knowledge of developing custom plugins for Dynamics 365 and integrating systems using REST APIs
- Experience of developing Azure Web applications
- A systematic approach to solving problems
- Degree (or equivalent) or relevant experience in a development-based role
- Excellent understanding of web security
- Practical knowledge of PHP
- Knowledge of domains, hosting, and server management
- An understanding of WordPress development
- Flexible working
- Potential for remote arrangement
- Amazing pension scheme
- Holiday and flex days can amount to over 40+ days off a year
Please click the APPLY button and you will be directed to the Council's careers page to complete your application.
Contact Name: Bluetown Online
Job ID: 2833314