We are in an era where information is generated and circulated within seconds. Whether it's a text, a picture you've been sent on WhatsApp or a YouTube video of a cat playing the piano. The demand for fast, coherent data has never been higher.
However in the defence industry, the ability to share information not just quickly, but securely is an absolute necessity ( disclaimer: I am not sure whether or not they are sending videos of cats playing the piano ).
We are looking for Network Architects at varying levels of ability to join an a multi-award-winning organisation, working closely with clients like the MOD and Home Office. You will be tasked with finding better, faster, more effective solutions for mission critical projects.The Role
There is a plethora of work for you to get involved with. Whether it's migrating a huge secure network infrastructure from Cisco to Juniper, or implementing Software Defined Network solutions.
Your skill set will be matched with the right projects and technologies. Giving you a chance to not just utilise your existing skill set, but build upon it, gaining exposure to the latest technology developing ground breaking solutions to everyday problems. The work is challenging, but overall it is extremely rewardingKey Responsibilities
- Support the Lead Architect/deputy CTO in defining designs in line with requirements.
- Take ownership of HLD/LLD components for specific key areas.
- Ensure the designs produced are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board (DAB).
- Liaise with Network Architects to ensure that the designs produced by DNS Network Architects are in line with those produced as part of the WAN solution.
- Provide impact assessment on customer and internal Change Requests
- Designing solutions utilising technologies from Juniper, Cisco and Brocade.
- Juniper JNCIA or JNCIS-ENT and/or Cisco CCNA/ CCNP/CCDP accreditation.
- Firewalls specifically Juniper SRX range, and Cisco ASA Next Generation.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP, OSPF.
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- SVI/RVI design and configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
- AAA design and configuration.
- Access lists configuration.
- VRF and VLAN design and configuration.
- IP Addressing design.
- Remote Access solutions I.E. Cisco Any Conn ect, Pulse Secure.
- VPN design
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - I.E. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
- SC or DV clearance
- Designs utilising Software Defined Network solutions.
- DNS and IPAM knowledge.
- Design of network within virtualised infrastructure.
- VMware NSX.
- DWDM services.
- Network Management toolsets"
Join an organisation renowned for digital transformation, developing cutting edge, innovative solutions to overcome the complexities and challenges faced by military organisations. You will work with the latest technology developing ground breaking solutions to transform how military and intelligence agencies communicate.
This is an organisation dedicated to investing in their employees, with one of the largest training budgets in the UK and clear career paths laid out to help you realise your potential. You will join a unique culture that is helpful, collaborative and supportive. A business that understands the importance of a strong work life balance and that achieving this can change from employee to employee. Giving you the freedom to work your way.Apply
To be eligible for this role you must have a current SC clearance or be willing to delay your start to go through said clearance.
Please contact Jack Mather at Evolution for more information.
Job ID: 2831738