|Listed on:||28th May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Digital Workplace Specialist (part time fixed term contract) Lakeside, Portsmouth Permanent, Full Time About the role
Here at Babcock International we are looking for a Digital Workplace Specialist to join our Digital Workplace team on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. This is a part time position of 25.5 hours a week.
As a Digital Workplace Specialist you will be responsible for ensuring that Babcock gets the best out of its investment in the Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and Office 365.
You will specialise in a particular functional area of Babcock and/or area of Microsoft Office, SharePoint or Office 365 and provide expert advice to the business and the wider team in that area.
Your responsibilities will include:
*Working with the business to drive usage and increased adoption of Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Office 365 across the Babcock group
* Working with the business to define content types, document templates, workflows to manage the lifecycle of different templates and records within the digital workplace to ensure content can easily be found and is up-to-date
* Helping business owners to manage their content and records to drive up usage from end users.
* Assisting in the creation of tools for site owners to manage their content and remove obsolete records and documents from their digital workplaces
* Working with wider team to establish communities of practice for subject areas spanning the Babcock business (e.g. bidding, HR, communications)
* Working with the Digital Workplace team to create and evolve products for each community
* Helping actively drive the functional roadmap for each community and feeding these requirements to the Digital Workplace Lead for inclusion into the technical roadmap
* Exploring and co-designing innovations to the Digital Workplace platform
* Challenging any roadblocks in using Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Office 365 on laptops and mobile devices
* Liaising closely with other members of the team, Senior SharePoint Developer and UX lead on chargeable and non-chargeable packages of work
* Working with the wider team on tickets in Remedy ensuring that incidents and work orders are resolved within SLA and to a high standard
And as you're supporting our business we'll be supporting you. We offer excellent benefits, facilities and amenities - such as onsite shops, restaurants, free parking and free shuttles from city centre trains and bus stops.
What do I need to do the role?
* A broad knowledge of SharePoint 2013/2016/2019, SharePoint Online and the wider Office 365 suite
* An ability to build successful business relationships across a range of stakeholder groups
* An ability to effectively communicate, present and influence others
* Experience of training delivery is desirable
What else do I need to know about the role?
* You will work a 25.5 hour week with flexibility how you work those hours i.e. across 3,4 or 5 days a week
* The fixed term contract is for a period of 12 months
* All applicants must have or be able to obtain SC security clearance
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.