Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk I'm recruiting multiple permanent Supportability opportunities with a defence company in Edinburgh. Please see the details below.
You will report directly to the Lead Supportability Engineer, covering the Captor Support elements of the Typhoon Radar Systems.
You will be responsible for;
- Driving Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) data collection and analysis for the Support contracts with the aim to drive out cost of support, through analysis/modelling.
- Assessing and determining the root cause from to NFF analysis
- Perform repairs analysis (performance and effectiveness)
- Assess and present Mean Times Between Arisings/Failure information at each level of maintenance on a periodic basis
- Lead Asset Management System improvements and act as main interface to the Asset Management team
- Collect support data and issue summary reports on emerging failure trends or concerns to provide the right information to the programme and engineering managers to make decisions.
- Coordinate the tasks of rota Apprentices while on placements in the support team and use junior members of the team deliver day to day support
- Identify, plan and implement process improvements across support business areas
- Stand in for Lead Supportability Engineer to cover holidays and other absences..
In order to be considered for this role you will have significant practical experience working within a similar Support Service delivery role. Essentially you will possess a minimum of an HND, ideally at least a Second Class degree in Engineering or Systems related technical discipline.
You will ideally have knowledge in the following areas;
- In-Service Reliability Analysis techniques on electronic, Power, RF, mechanical and mixed technology systems,
- Asset management and tracking experience.
- Repair coordination and configuration process control.
- Statistical Data analysis and hypothesis testing
- Extensive experience in the use of MS tools, especially Excel/PowerPoint.
- What is required in an effective Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Processes in production and in-service phases of the product lifecycle.
- How to present a compelling argument/business case to senior management and partners in order to remove cost drivers from the support solution
Job ID: 2827624