Head of IT Services
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Head of IT Services
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since 1824, the RNLI has been working to save those who are in danger of drowning.
Our IT support and services are critical to our operations - enabling our valued volunteers and employees to save lives, raise funds and deliver safety messaging where and when it matters.
We're looking for a Head of IT Services to lead a team of around 70 people who support every aspect of our lifesaving work, from the delivery of immediate support for all our users through to the effective lifecycle management for all operational digital, technology and data applications, products and services.
Some of the benefits
- Salary of £62,067 to £73,020 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cash plan
About the role
As the Head of IT Services, you will report to the CIO and work alongside the Head of Digital and Technology Futures, and the Head of Data, Evidence and Insights as the leadership team of the Insights, Technology and Strategy (IT & S) directorate.
You will deliver excellence in service to our volunteers and your colleagues within the RNLI. You will drive productivity within your teams and throughout the organisation by providing effective systems, ensuring continual improvement of our IT services offering (which includes the helpdesk, networks, infrastructure, ERP, Business applications and CRM).
You will make a significant contribution to helping save lives at sea by:
- Leading an exemplary technical service support capability for a world-class lifesaving Institution
- Defining, building and delivering a fully effective support lifecycle for all IT & S systems, that anticipates and meets the organisational requirements
- In conjunction with the Head of Digital and Technology Futures and the Head of Data, Evidence and Insights, ensure all future solutions securely maximise the value for the user and organisation, whilst minimising the total cost to the RNLI
- Ensuring that all team capabilities are developed to be sustainable for current/future technologies that will require support
- Driving and contributing to the data, technology and lifesaving strategies to both help prevent drowning and increase organisational gains in efficiency and effectiveness
You will be an inspirational leader, experienced in technical IT and data operations who has significant experience of how to maximise organisational value through technology; an individual who enjoys a challenge and would like to work for a world leading lifesaving charity.
To be considered as our Head of IT Services, you will need to demonstrate:
- Strategic management/executive experience, leading and developing an Information Technology Management function through people, process, and technology
- Clear and successful leadership of complex change management, particularly in the field of IT, with an unrelenting focus on the user and their experience
- IT Operations, ERP and broader business applications subject matter expertise
- The proven ability to manage stakeholder relationships at all levels of an organisation, and to translate business to technology and visa-versa (technical and non-technical conversations)
- A degree level qualification or equivalent experience in Information Technology/Business Management and an IT Service Management qualification i.e. ITIL or equivalent
Other organisations may call this role Head of Information Technology, IT Director, Director of IT, Senior IT Manager, Senior Information Technology Manager, Head of IT & Strategy Services, or Head of Information Technology.
If you think you could use your IT leadership experience and drive to create outstanding results and help us save lives at sea, apply now using the button shown.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The closing date for applications is the 9th June 2020.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.