|Recruiter:||Devon County Council|
|Listed on:||19th May|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,683 - £46,561|
Excellent digital services are at the heart of DCC's work to make life better for the people of Devon.
Local government is changing faster than ever and needs people with digital skills. In return we offer a supportive and highly flexible working environment. You will be encouraged to think creatively and drive improvement. Our benefits include competitive salaries, flexible working including working from home, an attractive pension scheme, a staff discount scheme, and a minimum 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays). You'll also be able to enjoy living and working in the South West with great access to countryside and coast.
If you have a background in software development and have the experience required to take a lead role within a fast-growing team, then we'd like to hear from you. You will be used to working in an environment using agile methods. You'll also have a desire to understand and respond to the needs of users through your work.
This is an exceptional opportunity to help the organisation deliver fantastic services that make things easier for the people of Devon at a time of rapid digital transformation across local government..
· The Tech Lead & Senior Developer will be responsible for developing new digital services, embedding the necessary processes and practices into a fast-growing development team.
· You'll be responsible for advising on architecture design and data modelling, as well as leading the development of user-centred software applications.
· You'll enjoy working openly and collaboratively with digital teams and business representatives at all stages of the software development lifecycle.
· You'll have experience building and motivating high performing software development teams.
· You'll offer broad experience of developing web applications and services, and know how to use your expertise to deliver easy-to-use digital services that meet user needs.
· You'll be enthusiastic about working as part of a team using Agile Methods and low code development platforms such as Outsystems.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English. This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Closing date: 12/06/20.
Contact Name: Devon County Council
Job ID: 2826624