18 months fixed term contract
35 hours per week (happy to talk flexible working)
We're the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We've been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days' holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
As Systems Architect, you will be responsible for understanding the business strategy and translating it into a digital and technology landscape aligned with the CIPD's strategic goals. You'll also be contributing and supporting senior digital and technology management on the digital and technology strategy from the business and technical perspective. In light of the recent Coronavirus shutdown our Digital Transformation is more important than ever and this role plays a vital part in that.
What You'll Be Doing
- Understanding, validating and developing the overall high-level architecture of the CIPD's digital and technology systems, applications and platforms strategy and design
- Validating early architecture frameworks, extending existing technical thinking and feeding in technical requirements into platform choices and ensuring that our decision making is technically robust and future proofed
- Maintaining collaborative working relationships with other specialist digital and technology colleagues to develop a shared understanding of systems, applications, platforms, infrastructure, data and integration
- Responsible for creating specifications such as interface designs, architecture diagrams, applications, and network and security systems by working with other specialist digital, technology digital and technology colleagues
- Providing a digital and technology perspective into requirements for RFIs /RFPs and business case documents. Including the evaluation of supplier and vendor responses
- Working with a technical area of digital and technology to help specify optimum system, applications and platform requirements
- Understanding and contributing to the overall data planning and data flows, including technical integration with (other) systems, applications and platforms
- Developing digital and technology use cases (user stories) and collaborating with product managers, business product owners, partners, and suppliers/vendors
- Proactively managing key stakeholders and providing effective project management and excellent communication at all levels
What You'll Need To Be Successful
- Up to date knowledge of technologies such as Cloud, Microsoft Servers, Oracle, SQL Server and TCP/IP for example, as well as knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how they may be applied at the CIPD to drive digital business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies for senior leaders and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute project plans -including breaking down large scale projects into manageable chunks and producing documents that monitor progress and ensure the quality of the project
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders, securing their engagement and working across organisational boundaries to achieve results
- Consistently demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to estimate costs and assess technical risks
- Experience of planning work to be delivered within scope and to agreed timelines
- Demonstrated ability in IT cost benefit analysis and research
- Ability to adapt and prioritise according to changing business needs
Please note, this advert is due to close on Thursday 28 May 2020.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual - we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
Contact Name: CIPD
Job ID: 2825868