I am working with an exciting client who are a leading company in the semiconductor Industry innovating technology solutions within a range of competitive marketplaces. My client who are always growing are leaders with in-chip monitoring technology by bringing new ways to maximize power utilization, device performance and reliability across many platforms such as Data Centre, AI, HPC, Automation and Consumers.
I am looking for a Senior Linux System Administrator to work in their office based in Bristol. You as a Senior Linux Systems Administrator will be working with the IT team to develop, monitor and maintain a number of computer systems. The security and integrity of the systems and network is principal to the role, and you will play a significant role to the input of design and implementation of any security protocols and to ensure that business is proactive in defending its infrastructure from harm. This role will require occasional visits to Plymouth where the hardware is kept.
My client is a pragmatic company who will offer opportunities for continued growth and the flexibility to work in a dynamic team with fantastic benefits and competitive salary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Create and manage Virtual Servers in their VMware ESXi environment and Linux Compute environment including virtual servers on ESXi.
- Create and maintain a Linux environment for users, shells and environmental needs.
- Able to maintain and create Python Scripts within the Linux environment.
- Create and maintain User and Group security.
- Manage and maintain Azure AD Cloud Services and O365 applications.
- Provide 3rd party applications support (HR and Finance systems).
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers.
- Create, improve and manage MS Windows Server 2016 infrastructure, including SQL Server and MS Windows users and groups using Active Directory.
- Provide end-user support for both Windows and Linux environments.
- Maintain storage infrastructure using iSCSI and NFS technologies. (Dell, Synology, Intelliflash).
- Support the backup infrastructure (Veeam Backup and Restore with Cloud storage).
- Ensure End Point Security on Clients and Servers is deployed and updated as needed. (Sophos)
- Proficient experience with maintaining and implementing Linux in a complex IT environment such as domain setups in multi-locations using DNS, NIS, WSUS, DHCP and group policies.
- Proficient with RedHat 6/7 or Centos 6/7
- Managing O365 in Azure, Exchange, MFA and Groups.
- Experience with Enterprise hardware such as Servers, SANs (Fibre or iSCSI), Storage solutions (Dell/HP).
- Cisco Switch and Firewall Administration or other manufacturers such as HP or Dell.
- VMware ESXi - Implement hosts, VM, HA and maintenance.
- Linux shell programming and Powershell.
Contact Name: Lewis Tang
Job ID: 2823683