Service Manager - IT
£35000 - £44000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Service Manager - IT
Burford, Oxfordshire (with home working options)
£35,000 - £44,000 per annum Plus Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Company Sick Pay, Life Insurance & More
Our client is one the UK's leading rehoming organisations for animals. They support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through their rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
They are currently looking for a Service Manager to further develop their Information Services function and ensure they are providing excellent IT support to their employees.
As the Service Manager, you will:
- Influence, develop and support the teams across Information Services
- Ensure that the end user is at the heart of all our client's IT services
- Oversee IT support activities
- Ensure the effective definition, management and reporting of incidents, events, changes, problems and requests
- Identify how our client can improve on current SLAs
- Liaise with third party providers
To be considered, you'll need:
- Demonstrable experience in a service management role (either technical or non-technical)
- Experience of defining and establishing Service Level Agreements and Service Level Descriptions
- A technical background
- Supplier management experience
- Experience with IT tools and systems, including MS Office, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and reporting tools
- An ITIL V3, ideally V4, certification (or equivalent)
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to provide reports for difference audiences, including board level
- Good time management skills, including managing schedules and plans
Experience of working for a charity or not-for-profit organisation would be beneficial, as would experience of managed services, IaaS, SaaS or PaaS. Experience of managing small projects would also be an advantage.
Our client is eager to hear from individuals with experience as an IT Service Manager, IT Implementation Manager, Service Desk Manager, IT Helpdesk Manager, IT Support Manager, Technical Support Manager or Senior IT Support Engineer.
What are the perks?
- Home working options
- Flexible working hours
- Shopping discounts
- Join a friendly and talented team who are working towards a shared goal
- A welcoming culture that focuses on integrity, respect and compassion
- Play an integral role in growing our client's IT offering
- Make an impact with a charity that's been supporting animals since 1897
Closing date: 23rd May 2020
Our client reserves the right to close this vacancy early should they receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role, please select the apply button to read the full job description.
Please note that due to current circumstances, interviews will be held via Skype. This position will commence no earlier than 1st July 2020 and may be subject to change as our client responds to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next step as a Service Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.