DV cleared Knowledge Manager (Contractor)
Evolution Recruitment Solutions Ltd
£450 - £700
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Knowledge Manager (Security Cleared)
Despite the nationwide lockdown, there are still mission critical projects and secure systems that need talented engineers supporting them.
We are looking for a Security Cleared (DV) Knowledge Manager toresolve issues by working jointly with the customer across multiple sites and business areas.
Reporting to the Head of Service Transition you will have responsibility for Knowledge Management throughout the ASG service.
As the Knowledge Manager you will be the primary asset controller of the organisation. The flow of knowledge, into, within, and out of the ASG organisation, and the embedding of critical knowledge into the ASG organisation, will be your main concern.
This is a challenging role that will be highly rewarding, with extensive communication and interfacing requirements
Due to the current climate offers will be made after telephone interview with start dates to be arranged ASAP.
• Responsible for the Service Knowledge Management System (SKMS) that is accessible to all users and Service Provider Organisation staff.
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of required KM documentation and procedures such as the Knowledge Management Policy Statement and the Knowledge Management Plan.
• Promote knowledge capture and reuse through operational and business processes.
• Plan, develop, stand up, support, and promote collaborative tools and techniques such as communities of practice to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners.
• Help disseminate information about the organisation's knowledge sharing program to internal and external audiences, maintaining communications on knowledge sharing across the organisation, participation in orientation and training sessions, and preparation of brochures/presentations.
• Successfully influence the production of Knowledge Articles and Chairing the Knowledge Article Review Board to enhance In-Service Support ability to support 'first time fix' and promote ASG users to locate and use information on a self-help basis.
• Understand the technical aspects of Service Design, Service Operations and Service Transition to be able to understand each area's knowledge management needs.
Confident and effective communicator using various mediaA skilful listener with an open style. good at facilitating discussionExcellent influencing skillsGood networking and sharing of ideas and successExperienced in getting a clear and up-to-date understanding of the business situation and processes and good working knowledge of the organisational strategyAbility to think strategically in terms of culture and behaviour, business processes and technology and toolsExperienced in a good appreciation of customer needs at both operational and strategic levelsA strong understanding of the principles of knowledge managementSolid grounding in the systems engineering lifecycle preferably with experience on large complex secure systems.A strong knowledge and understanding of ITIL functions, principles and processes and capable of carrying out best practices against that.ITIL FoundationExcellent verbal and written communication skills.Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.Current DV clearance.
ITIL Expert Certified.Experience of Service Desk Plus.Knowledge of or experience in DevOps.Knowledge/experience of GIS and image processing application software.Knowledge and experience of using SharePoint and JIRA as data repositories.
This is an opportunity to join a globally leading company within the defence market, providing innovative systems, products and solutions aimed at protecting and enhancing the UKs cyber capabilities.
You'll be joining a close-knit working environment within defence and security, where support and collaboration are paramount.
To be considered for the role you must hold a current and transferable DV Clearance.
To apply for the role or to find out more please contact Sophie Tully at Evolution Recruitment Solutions.