Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship Programme
We are looking for someone experienced to lead the academic delivery of the Digital and Technology Solutions Professional degree and higher apprenticeship programme between the employer, apprentices, and NCH faculty and staff. They will act as the primary academic point of contact for the relationship with employers and apprentices for implementation of this degree apprenticeship programme, liaising with the corporate employer lead on any issues or opportunities to enhance the relationship and programme with the employer.
Founded in 2012, with the aim of providing the highest quality of education, New College of the Humanities has established itself as a student focused, university-level college based in the heart of London. In 2019 NCH entered a partnership with Boston based research university Northeastern University.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic Programme Oversight
- Recruit qualified candidates for part-time/sessional faculty positions in the programme.
- Manage and support faculty members. Undertake the faculty appraisal procedure inline with NCH's policies and procedures.
- Work with professional staff to induct new faculty and ensure all courses are staffed with appropriate faculty.
- Design, develop, select, and implement - in conjunction with faculty, curriculum design team, industry subject matter experts, and professional staff - course learning outcomes, curriculum maps, resource guides, rubrics, textbooks, syllabi templates, and updated course materials.
- Maintain ongoing communication with programme faculty and organise Apprenticeship
- Programme Committee meetings on content areas, orientation and training sessions, sharing of best practices, etc. Work with the HR and Operations Manager to proactively addresses faculty performance issues and training needs.
- Provide opportunities for part-time/sessional faculty to engage with programme and college activities; solicit and incorporate their professional and curricular feedback into programme design and implementation.
- Lead on the annual monitoring procedures for the programme, liaising with the Course Leaders, faculty and Quality Team on the completion of the documentation.
- Work with the faculty and professional staff to ensure the programme meets regulatory requirements; lead staff with program evaluation pursuant to regulatory reviews.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Teach courses in the Digital and Technology Solutions Professional programme. Partial release time from regular teaching duties will be provided in order to carry out programme oversight administrative roles and responsibilities.
- Oversee and participate in the termly Tripartite Review and final Tripartite review, coordinating with professional staff to ensure that the reviews are scheduled and conducted successfully.
- Work with professional staff to arrange the End Point Assessments as agreed with the employer and apprentice, coordinating with external assessors.
- Participate in proactive student advising, including induction of new students, tracking of student progress, and addressing academic issues such as poor academic performance.
- Work with the student-apprentice and the apprentice's line manager to ensure that they take advantage of the learning opportunities, including supporting and proactively identifying opportunities for relevant learning. Oversee and coach other programme faculty in this critical responsibility.
- Collaborate with full and part-time faculty and professional staff on issues related to academic misconduct.
- Work with faculty to inform the development of strategies to achieve programme enrollment goals and in the analysis of programme enrollment and retention data.
- Support marketing and recruiting initiatives such as webinars, open houses and other special events in collaboration with employers and other partners.
- Work with industry partners and faculty to assemble and coordinate industry advisory board to review and provide recommendations for aligning programme outcomes and curriculum with industry needs.
- Participate in growth initiatives such as domestic and global partnerships, delivery of conferences, industry panels, seminars, etc.
Applications should be made via this link by midnight, 3rd April 2020 . Please reference your application " PD0120 ". Participation in the equal opportunities section is encouraged, but voluntary.
Early application is actively encouraged. Applications will be reviewed weekly and successful applicants will be contacted for an interview on a rolling basis.
Advertising will continue until the role is successfully appointed to.
A pplications are welcome from all sections of the community and will be judged on merit alone.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. The College is not able to provide Tier 2 sponsorship for this position.
Contact Name: New College of the Humanities
Job ID: 2809913