Technical Project Manager
City Of London
£60000 - £62500
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Project Manager x2 Overall Responsibility:Project management of multiple project initiatives and delivery teams.To plan and manage the delivery of business systems solutions and associated applications within agreed timescales using a recognised project management methodology, and to provide internal customers with business improvement and project management supportTo Liaise with business partners to ensure relevant delivery of their projects.Line management of business secondments through matrix management* Overseeing the portfolio of business IT projects, monitoring their progress and reporting on the overall portfolio to ensure business expectations are managed
* Directly managing specific projects, with responsibility for the matrix management of the resources from both IT and the Business to make sure implementations are both timely and effective.
* Provide expertise and leadership in project management methodologies and processes ensuring projects are managed using Prince2 (Practitioner) or other suitable recognised approach, e.g. Agile PM
* Providing expert knowledge and support to both internal and external resources to ensure effective and consistent delivery
* Work closely with Business Partners to help specify, develop and deliver appropriate systems to the various areas of the business
* Attend/contribute/run project boards and/or steering groups to ensure projects are managed with the main business stakeholders in consistent manner.
* Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are being recorded, monitored and proactively managed to minimise disruption to successful delivery
* Manage and provide guidance to third party project managers engaged to deliver IT business projects
* Determine project requirements and identify and secure team members and project resources
* Work closely with Suppliers, Business Systems Support Team, Infrastructure Team and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
* Ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines
* Analyse and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardise performance and/or ability to meet agreed upon deliverables
* Provide change control for scope revisions