Senior Product Owner
£50000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Product Owner Bristol SF30291
About the role
Here at Babcock International we are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join an expanding team as a Senior Product Owner. You will represent the product's stakeholders and the voice of the customer, as well as being accountable for ensuring that the development team delivers value to the business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Liaise with business stakeholders to capture business requirements as user stories
* Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions
* Ensuring the Product Backlog is visible, transparent and clear to all, as well as making sure the development team or supplier understands it all to required level
* Ensure all changes are tested, documented and version controlled before release * Operate as part of a SCRUM team and working in an Agile development environment
* Attend strategy meetings in relation to new bids and projects coming up
And as you're supporting our business we'll be supporting you. So as well as offering excellent benefits and facilities - you will be given the appropriate training to fulfil your role. Babcock provide support to a range of projects and you will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skillset within the engineering industry.
What do I need to do the role?
* You will need to be an experienced Product Owner with experience in a SCRUM environment
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies
* Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management
* Familiarity with source control systems such as Azure DevOps is desirable
What else do I need to know about the role?
* You will work a 37 hour week Monday-Friday with flexible start and finish times
* The role is primarily based in Bristol with occasional travel
* All applicants must have or be able to obtain SC security clearance
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.