Shift work gets a lot of bad press, and it's true there are negative sides to working nights. However there are also a plethora of benefits that aren't often covered.
Maybe you're a night owl who'd rather start work at 5pm than 5am? You might work all night, but by day you have the ability to complete life admin! Easy access to appointments, empty gym's, the couch and time with children and/or pets!
You'll also get compensated with a shift allowance and be working on a mission critical project, combatting threats to the UK's national infrastructure. The Role
We are looking for a Network Analyst to work within a specialised team supporting a multi-vendor Defence Network.
You'll be making sure it's working to its full operational capability by:
- Day to day monitoring and management of the network
- Initial network incident diagnosis
- Network incident management and pro-active management of alarms
- Incident escalation and management
- Interaction and support of end user
In order to do this you'll need:
Shift Work/ Pattern
- Technical knowledge of networks, network security and their configuration and operational processes.
- Proven commercial Juniper or Cisco networking experience.
- Knowledge of networking technologies i.e. WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, routing and subnet addressing.
- Knowledge of networking hardware
- Experience of network implementation work
- Good Network Management, Security and configuration understanding
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Given the importance of this project, 24x7 support is required and as such you will need to work a shift pattern.
You'll be provided with a 15% shift allowance + 15.1% additional hours allowance + a DV bonus. This shift pattern is below:
-Week 1 - x7 Days (Monday to Sunday 07.00 - 19.00hrs
-Week 2 - stand down
-Week 3 - x7 Nights (Monday to Sunday 19.00 - 07.00hrs)
-Week 4 - stand downThe Company
Join an organisation renowned for digital transformation, developing cutting edge, innovative solutions to overcome the complexities and challenges faced by military organisations. You will work with the latest technology developing ground breaking solutions to transform how military and intelligence agencies communicate.
This is an organisation dedicated to investing in their employees, with one of the largest training budgets in the UK and clear career paths laid out to help you realise your potential. You will join a unique culture that is helpful, collaborative and supportive. A business that understands the importance of a strong work life balance and that achieving this can change from employee to employee. Giving you the freedom to work your way.Apply
To be eligible for this role will need to hold a current DV clearance.
Please contact Jack Mather at Evolution for more information.