Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help, do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
The Change implementation team within SOCI (Security, Operations and Change Implementation) within Enterprise Transformation are seeking a defect manager to support the introduction of changes into our digital platforms. We're looking to recruit a candidate with strong test, route to live and defect management expertise to join us in the delivery of change to our customers.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare chance to create a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit accurately into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Defect Manager mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and build an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- You'll be a confident and articulate communicator with the ability to deliver challenging messages and influence partners at all levels.
- You'll ensure full traceability of all handled defects which will in turn feed into future reviews and End of Test and End of Release Defect Reports. Ensures defect hygiene is adhered to, this includes correct articulation of customer Impact and mitigation.
- You'll seek defect updates throughout the day outside of defect calls to drive forward resolution
- You'll be bringing up to Senior Management upon significant or persistent deviation in SLA or delay in defect turnaround
Key accountabilities of this role include
- As a defect manager you'll handle the defect management of Digital Business Releases which is made up of a number of individual Projects. You'll have knowledge of the end to end test lifecycle. You'll lead all aspects of the defect management Lifecycle including production of defect management processes and reports.
- Build positive relationships and clear lines of communication with colleagues and work in collaboration to ensure we deliver the best outcomes for our customers.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the defect management process and provide continuous input into improving the process for all test phases.
- Has good working knowledge of key systems and processes used in digital.
- Works with wider partners to ensure defects are prioritised and resolved in a timely manner and uses historical defect information to look for any trends which will feed into process improvements.
What we're looking for:
- Ability to relay and clearly detail understanding of defects, customer and business impacts for key partners, as well as drive quality of articulation from other areas.
- Keeps a close relationship with the Environment and IT leads to ensure environment is fully provisioned for testing.
- Handle daily defect, triage calls and war rooms with relative business and IT partners for complex issues to ensure ownership of defects providing clarity of the issue, ensure pace is maintained throughout and root cause is identified.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to present complex ideas in simple terms customised to the target audience.
- Good experience in using ALM, Jira & Confluence
- Experience in conducting full root cause analysis on high severity defects and drive forward mitigating actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous projects and tasks concurrently.
- Strong attention to detail
- Leads and adheres to the blocking issue procedures for recorded defects
- Ability to produce high quality defect MI and documentation for partners
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...
Contact Name: Lloyds Banking Group
Job ID: 2793348