Senior Developer - Leeds, West Yorkshire
A little bit about the team
The Technology and Infrastructure team is responsible for delivering first class, leading edge solutions to the business. The team members are proactive, responsive business enablers that deliver competitive advantage by choosing, implementing and supporting the use of information technology. They take ownership of delivering the day to day workload, as well as exciting transformative projects. They are a delivery focused team, are fun to work with and have great relationships with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers.
This role is based at UKTV's dedicated development hub in Leeds. You will also work with the wider UKTV team based in the HQ in London.
In this role you will get to...
- Work as a development technical leader alongside various core business, and technical teams.
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming.
- Lead the creation and evolution of technology solutions, to build new features and applications leveraging existing assets and acquiring new products as required.
- Provide technical and thought leadership in system integration and application development, promote best practices in these areas and challenge the status quo
- Interface with Product Owners to assess and develop innovative solutions to meet requirements.
- Attend TDA (Technical Design Authority) and critique solutions.
- Agile software development and DevOps.
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Research, propose, implement and maintain industry leading development methodologies and practises within the team.
- To provide technical guidance and mentoring to others on the development team and serve as a role model.
- Write technical specifications documents for system enhancements and process improvements.
- Implement proof-of-concepts or MVPs as appropriate for proving new technologies and/or architecture patterns both at business and enterprise levels.
Who you are
- You enjoy collaboration.
- You are adaptable with a "Can Do" attitude.
- You can demonstrate ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Contact Name: UKTV
Job ID: 2792022