Our client is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. They employ approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
They have some exciting projects on the horizon and require an experienced Data Scientist with previous experience of working on Government agency projects or transformation projects within the Policing sector.
As a Data Scientist within the Advisory team, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Designing project specific analysis, including generating and testing hypotheses with stakeholders.
- Collecting and documenting analysis requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- Undertaking data capture from numerous systems, including conducting data audits and sanitisations as required.
- Conducting mathematically sound analysis, using appropriate tools and techniques, all documented in a clear way.
- Reporting to clients through either written or verbal presentations.
The following skills and experiences are essential:
- Demonstrable experience providing client led analysis to support decision makers within either the public or private sectors, minimum experience 5 years.
- Experience within the UK Policing sector.
- A passion for analysing data and the ability to provide insights and bring data to life through different presentation outputs
- Experience working with data lakes / data warehouses with a preference within AWS or alternatives such as Azure or Google Cloud.
- The ability to manipulate, sanitise and map large amounts of data.
- Expert Excel user. Experience using at least one of: R, Python, SQL modelling, VBA or similar.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Proactive, and exemplary attention to detail.
- Ability to take complex data and make the output useable and understandable to the C-Suite
- Consultancy soft skills, to enable building of great relationships with clients, facilitate workshops and influence outcomes
Please note, the role holder will either need to have, or be eligible to apply for, UK SC clearance.
The following skills and experiences are preferable:
- Experience building predictive models to support analysis requirements.
- Business intelligence reporting in Tableau or PowerBI (or similar tool).
- Experience of using collaborative software such as Skype, Confluence, Sococo etc.
Contact Name: Mohan Nair
Job ID: 2791587