£18000 - £20000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is an opportunity to join an IT services and solutions company based on Greenham Business Park in Newbury. The company formed in 2002 with the aim of providing corporate levels of IT support and services to the small business community.
Over time they have added high end consultancy and cloud based solutions to their portfolio so that they now provide services to a wide range of clients from single users to companies with around 200 staff members.
The Customer Support Team is looking for an engineer to join their growing team.
This position is ideally suited to a candidate interested in pursuing a career in IT management and consultancy.
The role will include:
- Installing operating systems and client software
- Replacing PC and laptop hardware
- Configuring user accounts with general access permissions and specific group membership
- Checking and maintaining client backup services
- Managing and configuring cloud services
- Visiting client sites to install PC and networking equipment
- Answering first and second level client calls
- Entering and updating calls in the client management system
What you will bring to the team:
- General knowledge of PCs, and their hardware components
- Knowledge of Windows based desktop operating systems
- Willingness and capacity to learn new systems and techniques
- A helpful, friendly attitude
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Full UK driving license and access to their own car
- Ability to pass an extended UK CRB check
- Maintaining a tidy and professional image
What you will get:
- Full training in all areas of work as required
- Mentoring from senior staff with over 50 years of combined IT experience
- Access to work with the latest technologies in both on site and cloud services
- Once ready, assistance and support to gain industry certification in the chosen discipline
- Exposure to a wide range of systems, applications and networking technologies
- Experience of IT requirements within a wide variety of different organisations
- An excellent start to an IT consultancy career!
This role attracts an initial salary of £18K depending on the candidate and previous experience.