Network Specialist - Engineer - Bracknell
Oblix IT Partners
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
· The Network Specialist will need to provide ongoing network support for on-premises infrastructure.
· The Network Specialist will also need to understand Cloud networking technologies (AWS).
· The Network Specialist will act as Custodian for on-premises kit installed in offsite Datacentres.
· The Network Specialist will be required to apply and adhere to PCI-DSS standards on the network technologies.
· The Network Specialist will provide ad-hoc support for Project works.
· The activities and responsibilities of the Network Specialist will vary according to current demands, but will generally include many of the following:
o Responsible for implementation of network services for DN clients as part of project works.
o Responsible for management of network services for DN as part of BAU support.
o Actively participate in and resolve technical issues as part of incident management and problem solving
o Liaise with internal, multi-national teams to maintain internal and customer solutions, or deliver new services as part of those solutions.
o Keep current on Diebold Nixdorf solutions and industry information
· Work within a small network team to create and maintain supporting documentation for delivered solutions and provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to BAU and project work.
· 6 - 10 years demonstrable experience of client network solutions, successfully delivered and maintained through national network suppliers.
· 6 - 10 years experience of planning, co-ordination and delivery of technical infrastructure. Predominatly TCP/IP based.
· 6 - 10 years wide ranging hands-on practical technical experience of:
o Troubleshooting network performance / fault analysis
o Use of Wireshark and other tools for capturing and analysing a wide range of network protocols
o Network performance and capacity management tools
o Developing network operational processes
o Network security (firewalls) and VPN technologies
· Thorough knowledge of wide range of network technologies and Infrastructure architecture.
o MPLS connectivity
o Wireless routers
· Good knowledge of a range of Cisco devices used for routing and switching.
o Design and specify required configuraion parameters for solutions
o Review and interpret Cisco Configurations to confirm requirements for solution are met.
o Utilise the range of Cisco commands to analyse operational parameters, confirm correct operation and troubleshoot problems
· Expert knowledge of the TCP/IP Network protocols.
o Expert knowledge of IPV4 i.e. TCP handshake, Window mechanism,Well- known tcp ports etc.
o IP addressing and subnet masks
o Expert knowldege of trace utilities across a range of Operating systems i.e. Wireshark, TCPdump, Cisco Debug
o Awareness IPV6
· Working knowledge of Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems, with indepth knowledge of commands to:
o analyse IP parameters assigned to interfaces
o IP routing table information
o tracing commands to confirm routing
· Good knowledge of designing High Availability DMZ to interface customer networks to internal Firewall infrastructure.
o IP addressing
o Use of NAT if required
o Automatic failover principles and protocols
o Creation of test plans to confirm correct operation
o Ability to influence third party suppliers to ensure the delivered solution meets the requirements within timescales and budget
· Good knowledge of VPN technologies, Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, Firewall & AWS based
o Peering IP addresses
o Encryption domains
o Encryption protocols
· Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
o Experience of cloud technolgies in general
o Emphasis on the Networking elements, VPN, Direct Connect, VPC, Route 53, Security Groups, VPG, Network ACLs, Routing Tables, etc.
· Awareness of PCI DSS standards
· Awareness of strict Change Control processes
· Experience of the following tools