Security Engineer - Warrington
£45,000 - £50,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Security Engineer - Cloud, Azure, AWS, Python, C#
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Excellent opportunity to join an established business who offer training and development in each role. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience as a Security Engineer and is looking to be developed into a Senior Security Engineer in a business where they would be the lead Security specialist in the technology team. This is a corporate business but with a very relaxed and friendly working environment. Based on a business park between Manchester and Warrington they are easily accessible.
They operate a complex infrastructure across multiple sites, including 3rd party hosting. Their systems include Azure, WAN, LAN, Office 365, Microsoft Windows, Vmware and a mixture of physical and virtual environments.
This role requires a Senior Security Engineer who will work across departments influencing the organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers with the contribution of their own technical specialism. The successful candidate would analyse, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to- time, cost and quality targets. You will be required to demonstrate creativity, innovation and technical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder. The role requires the candidate to perform an extensive range and variety of complex technical and professional activities, with a can-do attitude. The role holder will need to have a wide breath of knowledge across the IT industry. The organisation provides relevant training opportunities and employees are expected to ensure skills are current and up to date.
So what are the key accountabilities for a Senior Security Engineer?
* Identify security gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
* Design and help implement security automation & orchestration
* Provide consultation on designs and drive secure by design as a fundamental aspect of solution design
* Reviewing configurations and Infrastructure for security weaknesses
* Reviewing threat intelligence sources and perform threat hunting using existing / new internal tools
* Acting as an SME for security related topics and issues for internal stakeholders
* Helping manage security incidents & provide a response to identify, contain & resolve
* Production of automated metrics to help drive the security strategy
* Production of self-help guidance to allow technologists to make informed secure decisions * Mentoring and action as a role model for more junior members of the team
To be the perfect Senior Security Engineer youd expect me to have:
* Strong development/ scripting background (preferably PowerShell, Python or C#) * An in-depth understanding of network, systems and application security
* An analytical/ inquisitive nature and intuition regarding what questions to ask, when, and their relative significance * Experience[YF1] with different hosting technologies (AWS/ Azure/ On-premise)
* Experience implementing industry best practice security standards in large organisations
* Implementation of security tools
* Detailed knowledge across a broad range of security domains
* Ability to identify emerging security threats
* Solid project and time management skills
If I had these skills too, it would be helpful:
* Professional Information Security certifications, such as CISSP, Practitioner Certificate in Cloud Security (GCHQ)
* Understanding of Windows and Linux infrastructure
* Knowledge of virtual server environments and thin client
* Working knowledge of GDPR
* ISO 27001 implementation experience