My client are working at the cutting edge of big data technologies and are looking for you to help lead the big data team with your technical ability coupled with your coaching ability to grow your junior/mid level colleagues. You will be the Head of Engineering's counter-part to help share a vision and road map for the next 6-12 months as the team grows and ideas developer from end-2-end.
As well as your great technical skill set, you will have the opportunity to complete certifications across the Big Data stack as well as Cloud including GCP + AWS certifications. If personal growth is top of your job search agenda, look no further!
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and improve their cloud data platform and autonomously plan, design, monitor, communicate and execute data projects
- Assist the analytics teams in the implementation of their machine learning use-cases
- Evangelize about their data platform, products and Data Engineering capabilities with other departments in order to bring more relevant data into their eco-system and develop future data-products that solve real business problems.
Skills & Qualifications
- Solid knowledge of data modelling and structures, and experience with data laking and warehousing tools and techniques (BigQuery, Spanner, Snowflake, Redshift etc.)
- Hands-on experience with ingesting and processing streaming data - messaging queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, PubSub etc.) and data flow orchestration (Data Flow, Apache NiFi, Airflow, Luigi etc.)
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end deployment process of data products (from raw code to scalable deployment), the relevant CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker, TeamCity) and containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Ability to manage a data/software engineering team and create a roadmap/pipeline of work
- 33 days holiday
- Free Gym, group discount, Cycle2Work scheme
- Great Pension
- Private Healthcare