Global Voice Lead
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are a Global Investment Manager helping institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world to invest money to achieve their goals, fulfil their ambitions and prepare for their future. Now with approximately 4000 people across 6 continents, we have been around for more than 200 years, evolving and adapting as society, technology and the world changes.
Who We Are looking For
Schroders run a global voice platform provides services to over thirty countries, we're looking for highly experienced Voice Lead who will help our development and strategy, engineering teams, project delivery and interface with other technical areas across the company. Schroders use
The Global Comms Team is responsible for a number of key aspects of the company:
• Global Estates - Data centres, comms rooms, new building development and moves and changes
• Global Networks - Branch and data centre networks, Security and load balancing, MAN, WAN, WiFi and Internet
• Global Voice - Trading and non trading voice systems
• Audio Visual - Our AV rooms and video conference estate, auditoriums, TV studios, signage
The team work closely together and are spread across New York, London, Luxembourg, Zurich, Hong Kong and Singapore Collectively they have a huge amount of experience and work closely together on design, project and operational issues.
This role is primarily based in our London City office, but with regular visits to our Operations Centre. Occasional travel is required.
What You Will Do
• Design - New solutions to meet business and technical requirements
• Deliver - Deliver high quality secure solutions
• Lead - Lead the engineering teams in technical delivery and best practice
• Support - Provide 3rd line support for our operational and engineering staff
• Communicate - Work with our colleagues in other technical disciplines
• Champion - Best practice, security first and the business and its users
The Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications That You Will Have
• A very experienced Unified Comms professional with extensive experience of modern telephony
• Experience of working with widespread global teams
• Very customer focused and capable of communicating with technical and non technical staff
• Experience in the security of voice systems in financial services
• Experience with the integration of multiple telephony through acquisitions and growth
• Skype for Business is essential as is advanced knowledge of Microsoft server platforms and services
• Call recording for compliance and training - Verba a real plus
• In depth technical and commercial knowledge of carrier networks providing voice services
• Experience of trading voice platforms - BT an advantage
• Experience of CUCM, CMS and Expressway
• SIP and PSTN gateways
• Integration of voice services onto converged network infrastructure with a particular emphasis on QoS
• Management and monitoring systems, technical and non-technical reporting
• Working alongside multiple technical disciplines
• Scripting and automation
The Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications That Will Help
• Producing high quality designs and documentation
• Knowledge of firewalls for voice systems
• Mobile telephony
• Video conferencing systems
We are Looking For the Best, Whoever You Are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer, meaning that we welcome you whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.