About the Job
We have an opening for a Technical Architect to join our London Waterloo or Farnborough office. As a Technical Architect, you will be an expert Developer, comfortable mentoring and teaching others and leading technically very difficult projects. You will be logical, ahead of others with bleeding edge technologies and proficient with code reviews. You will have excellent database design skills, and understanding of coding implications associated with this, ensuring code is consistent with DCSL's style and patterns.
You will be working with C# and the .Net framework to develop bespoke software for a range of clients.
As a Technical Architect at DCSL Software, you will be given the opportunity to be exposed to new tech, interesting and varied projects, as well as continued opportunities for career development.
DCSL Software is a leading UK software house, developing bespoke operational software, as well as SaaS solutions.
The team consistently delivers across all industries including established businesses and start-ups. We work with many well-known household names and have over two decades of successful projects. Our award-winning company is growing rapidly and is recognised as the top UK software house based on client reviews and industry recognition.
As a Technical Architect, you will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining a variety of bespoke software systems. Your duties will include:
- Understanding customer requirements, either via handover from Solution Architect or directly from the client where appropriate
- Providing reliable development estimates throughout the requirement/specification process
- Keeping Solution Architects updated with cutting-edge development tools and methodologies
- Producing a prototype/wireframe and/or writing user stories/functional specification documents to company standards within an agreed timeframe
- Leading technical aspects of complex projects, including code reviews and code architecture, ensuring the final product follows DCSL's style and pattern
- Managing with QA the design and execution of test plans and regression tests and generally ensuring the quality of the end product
- Accurately reporting the project status at weekly management meetings
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Mentoring and managing a technical team, teaching others how to do complex coding
Occasionally the Technical Architect may have to:
- Meet with customers to understand their requirements, but mostly this will be done by the Solution Architect
- Participate in pre-sales activities
- Travel to meet customers
Experience and Skills
- Expert knowledge of .NET (core), C#
- Exceptional hands on experience of ASP.NET (core) WebApi and MVC
- Deep experience and in-depth knowledge of ORM systems such as EF (core), Dapper, nHibernate, etc
- Good understanding of HTML5, CSS
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, Stored Procedures and generally a very good understanding of relational databases
- An understanding of Xamarin and mobile application development
- Very strong and up to date understanding of Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, etc), and related services/technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile and particularly Scrum
- Knowledge of good testing practice, automated and manual
The role also requires:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- An ability to explain technical details/limitations clearly to customers;
- Pragmatism when faced with issues;
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to keep teams moving forward;
- An awareness of the project budget and commercial constraints;
- Superior development skills and the ability to identify reusable code opportunities;
- Handling customer interactions with patience and calmness. An understanding that technical knowledge is different between you and them, and that they may become frustrated.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary of up to £75,000 (dependent upon experience) with an additional benefits package, including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme - Helping towards the costs of medical, dental, eye care and more
- Maternity Leave - Fantastic maternity leave allowance of 20 weeks full-pay, followed by 19 weeks of statutory pay (Paternity leave is 2 weeks full-pay)
- Dedicated learning hours - An annual allowance of hours for learning and development, with access to a Technology learning platform
- Tastecard+ Membership - Save money on restaurants, cinema trips and days out!
- Cycle to Work Scheme - Want to cycle to work? We can help towards the cost of a new bike
- Fitness activities - Weekly workout sessions, running club, football and other sports-related activities
- 1 day off a year for charity work of your choice
- Free refreshments - A range of hot and cold drinks available in our kitchen for you to enjoy
- Fresh fruit - Delivered weekly from local suppliers
- Pizza Fridays - After every company meeting, we order pizza!
- Social events and activities arranged throughout the year
Why Join DCSL Software?
- Opportunity to work on full life-cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging
- Work with the latest technologies in the Microsoft Development stack (i.e. .NET Core)
- Join a very established organisation with outstanding career progression opportunities
- As a Microsoft partner, DCSL support your professional development and will assist you in gaining or updating relevant Microsoft qualifications
If interested, please click the apply now button!
Job ID: 2779648