This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Who we're looking for
You will be an experienced Business Manager, comfortable designing, delivering and embedding benefit frameworks across technology organisations. You will have experience as being part of a PMO function or running a PMO function, delivering data insights and a proven track record working with and managing complex financial accounting and forecasting.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You will be based in our new head office in Moorgate which includes an onsite gym, doctors, dentist, restaurant, coffee shops and lots of flexible working areas.
You will be working with the domain head and embedded within their team as well as being part of the wider Business Management and ePMO function.
What you'll do
You will have the responsibility for ensuring domain alignment and compliance with all relevant Global Technology (GT) Business Management policies and procedures.
• You will be responsible for supporting the Domain IT Head, with regards to regional resource management, vendor management, management reporting, communications, global process improvement, headcount management, delivery governance and ePMO management.
• You will ensure the domain is fully represented in all delivery forums, enforce global domain delivery compliance and ensure all relevant data required by the ePMO function is provided on an accurate and timely basis.
• The role demands self sufficiency and pro-activity in a potentially high pressure and highly scrutinised environment, with minimal support or guidance. You will be expected to be hands-on, and will be expected to work with all relevant functions to ensure governance alignment, risk and audit compliance.
• You will also require international conference and video call participation, often outside normal working hours as may be dictated by the role.
• The role is part of a Global Business management team, and be expected to work collaboratively with their regional and domain peers in supporting the global business manager drive standardisation, simplification and efficiency.
• You will be expected to deliver a number of 'stretch' data insight initiatives alongside their primary responsibilities, usually with tight deadlines requiring a high degree of accuracy.
• You will also support the Domain IT Head run and administer some of their other responsibilities, ensuring continuity during periods of absence, and also act as his proxy with respect to some functions as may be delegated from time to time.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
You will have experience in design and preparation of high quality data visualisation dashboards or reports for senior management and Governance committees, including:
• Portfolio oversight
• Budget preparation
• Financial performance
• Return on investment, benefits analysis and value delivered
• Global resource utilisation
• Ml, KPI and trend analysis
• Vendor activities
You will have experience working with Delivery Managers, PMs, Project Finance stakeholders to plan and manage delivery planning and dependencies.
Design, delivery and embedding of benefits framework across global technology organisations
You will have experience of managing dispute resolution and needs of cultural diversity within a global organisation
PMO Skills Requirements
You will have experience running or being part of a PMO function and managing project portfolios, supporting governance committees, project portfolio planning, project financial & benefits management, project resource management, enhancing & supporting PMO frameworks & processes within a Financial Services organisation.
That could include:
• Working in an Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (ePMO)
• Delivering project and project / program rescue
• Experience supporting waterfall and agile methodologies
• Implementing benefits management framework, ensuing evidence of realisation
• Partnering with internal/external stakeholders to ensure delivery within financial organisations
Financial Skills Requirements
You will ideally have experience in all or some of the below:
• Experience working with project and management accounting
• Financial budgeting, forecasting and Ml process knowledge
• Proven track record of resolving complex financial problems
• Collaborated with Finance departments to build technology centric financial reports
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
You will have the ability to work with minimal guidance to achieve high level objectives. With excellent analytical and problem solving skills, you will have strong interpersonal skills, being able to work in a an agile technology environment, comfortable presenting to senior managers and the CTO.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies
Schroders does not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CVs and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CVs sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CVs directly.