Data Migration Consultant - MS Dynamics AX /D365 Finance & Operations
Guildford based - £450 - £500 per day DOE - Initial 6 Month Contract
Our client baseed in Guildford are looking for a Data Migration Consultant to join their team on an initial 6 month contract.
As a D365 Data Migration Consultant you will demonstrate strong functional knowledge of Finance and HR Data with hands on experience of migrating from legacy systems to D365 F&O and other integrated target systems. You must be a hands on Data migration person with experience of working in a large-scale project to provide a smooth migration.
Responsibilities & Experience
- Experience of Data migration to other 3rd party/ ISV systems via D365
- Experience of writing custom data migration jobs outside of the DMF using x++
- Experienced in migrating data into cloud based D365 F/O
- Strong experience of Finance (Chart of Account, AP, AR, FA, GL, Cash and bank modules , Tax, Budgeting, Cost Accounting.) and HR data migrations
- Knowledge of Payroll, Rostering, Fleet management and Training data
- Reconciliation of Data once migrated to target systems
- Strong IT, Finance and HR functional knowledge to guide stakeholders through rehearsals and cutover
- Activities required to ensure optimum performance and data integrity of databases in production environments, in line with the requirements
- Working with the data engineering and environments teams to ensure best practice is followed and data is migrated seamlessly
- Work with other team members to ensure that all objectives and commitments are fulfilled in line with expectations, agreements and standards
- Maintain consistency in processes and follow guidelines as laid out by team standards
- Design database queries, views and functions for reporting and data analytics where applicable to D365 and integrated systems
- Performing Data related activities such as data extraction, profiling, cleansing, de-duplication, standardisation, conversion, transformation and loading
- Excellent knowledge and skills in Dynamics and 2012- X++ for developing Data Dictionary, Classes, Forms, Reports, Enterprise portal and Dynamics ERP Management Reports.
- Extensive knowledge of DMF and Expertise in X++, C#, ASP.NET, MVC and SQL SERVER
- Sound knowledge in X++, .NET 2.0, 3.5, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, XML, SQL 2008/2005, LINQ, SSRS, SSIS,
- Proficient with SQL Server 2012 and ideally SQL Server 2014/2016.
- Extensive experience of SQL stored procedure, view and function development.
- Solid understanding of SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Experience of industry standard software development practises and the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Has used VSTS and LCS for lifecycle management
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree, Charted Accountant or MBA Finance or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education
- Microsoft AX certifications preferred
- Experience in capturing requirements related to internal/external integrations, documentation, and mapping current business processes
***Please note this role has been assessed for IR35 and has been deemed to fall 'outside' of the IR35 Intermediaries legislation***
Contact Name: Daniel Thomas
Job ID: 2777816