Configuration Control Engineer
Six Month Contract
The configuration Control Engineer will be accountable to the Clients CAMO Services Manager and Support Centres UKbased in RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire.
The position requires close liaison with the customer's site based and external maintenance organisations to ensure contractual targets and service levels are achieved.
The Configuration MSE is responsible for:
- Assisting the aircraft configuration activities of the customer through liaison with the Technical Services team. -
- Assisting the configuration control of the fleet within the customer's Ground Computer Information System (GCIS) including introduction of upgraded components.
- Assisting the management of modification status of new aircraft deliveries.
- Assisting the presentation of recommended modifications to the customer.
- Assisting the support of embodiment of Mandatory and Non-Mandatory modifications with the customer
- Assisting the Class 2 Role Change activities.
- Assisting the respective meetings, with written and aural presentations to the customer.
- Assisting the Configuration Engineer with modification campaigns through liaison with the Supplier, Clients UK Materials Supply, Technical Services Engineers, Planning Engineers and the Contracted Maintenance Organisations.
- Assisting the Planning Engineers in relation to modification and SB planning, as required. - Reporting AD and SB embodiment to the Type Airworthiness Authority and Type Certificate Holder.
- Supporting projects and assignments as directed by the CAMO Services Manager or the Configuration Engineer. The Configuration MSE may also be required to develop procedures and documentation, to ensure efficient and effective working practices, whilst maintaining compliance with MRP Part M, Subpart G regulation, through a process of continuous improvement.
Skills & Experience
- Clear communication and written skills and the ability to work within a small, multi-tasking, multi-national team are essential.
- An awareness of EASA Part M regulations specific to this role.
- Good IT skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Customer focused and proactive attitude.
- Flexibility and diplomacy.
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis.
- Able to satisfy the security clearance requirements necessary for access to a UK military establishment, and work in a security sensitive environment.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience within an aircraft manufacturing or maintenance environment (minimum of 5 years) is strongly desirable.
- Experience of A400M aircraft maintenance is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of OEM Service Bulletin process is strongly desirable.
- An awareness of MRP Part M Subpart G regulation is desirable.
- An awareness of aircraft maintenance planning is desirable.
Contact Name: Sian Lewis
Job ID: 2777634