Lead Software Engineer
£40000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is an award winning and growing technology business that provides proof of delivery, route optimisation and related services within the Distribution, Construction, and Field Service sectors.
Their mobile app is linked to a rich web application, which creates massive business efficiencies and improvements for a growing list of organisations across the world.
They are looking for enthusiastic lead software engineers to join the development team. Based in the west of Edinburgh, the cross-functional agile teams work extensively with full-stack PHP Symfony application and iOS/Android solutions.
You will be a valued member of the team and will have the opportunity to grow and define your own path.
What you'll be doing:
You will be expected to lead a team of Software Engineers (junior to senior), making sure that their time is well planned, communicated and that any identified blockers are removed/raised as required.
This role involves:
- Managing the daily running of a team of engineers
- Actively mentoring all team members in a positive manner
- Ensuring that the team is producing high quality and functioning code
- Monitoring team velocity and identify areas for improvement
- Delegating appropriate work to other team members in order to ensure the smooth running of the team
- Unblocking team members by providing input or finding the appropriate resources for them
- Working with account managers to prioritise and schedule work for your team
- Providing weekly progress numbers and forward plans
- Some coding as required
- Identifying possible security risks and reacting as required
What they are looking for:
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Drive to continuously improve both your technical and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of OO languages and best practices
- Experience writing appropriate tests
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take a project through its entire lifecycle
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to guide a team of engineers through significant change or in a crisis situation
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of secure development practices
- Deep understanding of PHP and Symfony
- Experience working with a front end framework such as Vue.js
- Strong relational database knowledge
- Experience using Docker
- Exposure to AWS services and using them in projects.
What you'll get:
- Salary: £40k to £60k experience dependent
- 30 days paid holiday a year
- Opportunity to buy 5 additional holiday days
- High spec workstation, multiple monitors and your choice of operating system
- Training budget
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home policy
- Complimentary fruit, drinks, ice cream and snacks
- Company social events including monthly board games nights
- Office with strong transport links and dedicated free parking
- The opportunity to see your software fixing problems in the real world
- Life assurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Pension plan