Michael Bailey Associates
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
For our client in Hannover, we are currently looking for a Windows Specialist
Start: 27.01.20/ asap
Volume: 50h/ week
Remote: 1 day per week
Project language: English and German, Swedish nice to have
- Analyze service reporting data and implement a framework of improvement use-cases based on the results. Use-cases should be identified and a set of proposed improvement actions should be defined, e.g.
Non-compliant device :
Template for user communication is available, including instruction how to achieve compliance,
Defined timeline of actions and steps to initiate based on possible user responses
Develop and Implement a hardware driver and BIOS update management policy for HP and Microsoft Surface devices
Objective is to implement 2 automated zero-touch solutions for a) Microsoft Surface and b) HP devices
Solution should install driver and BIOS updates without user or support personnel interaction, including automatic BitLocker suspension, in the background
Preference are vendor products to ensure strategic product support; solution have to fit to cloud-based Modern Management environment
Work package includes Solution Design, MVP development, Pilot testing and implementation with the existing software distribution system; communication to stakeholders
- Supporting the effective and efficient delivery of a legacy Windows 7 workplace service, managed via SCCM, to ~2000 users, mostly in Sweden. The consultant will provide technical knowledge and advise in the event that the local Sweden business has problems with their workplace solution.
- Supporting the transition project responsible for migrating the remaining Windows 7 users to Windows 10. The consultant will use their expert workplace service knowledge to assist the project in resolving technical service or migration issues that the migration project identifies
- Specific tasks may include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and implementing service improvements in line with standard processes and the agreed service activity backlog. The consultant evaluates the as is situation and will develop adjusted process flows he then will have to communicate and present to the client. The consultant will train the support teams accordingly. The consultant create the training material.
- Managing and maintaining the service backlog (held in Azure DevOps). The consultant will use their expertise to work on delivering some of the backlog items, as well as potentially defining new backlog items to deliver further service improvement opportunities that the consult has identifiedRequired Skills:
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows technologies, including experience of supporting large installations of Windows 7 and Windows 10 clients across multi-national boundaries.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels (English mandatory; German and Swedish desirable but not essential).
- Experience of working in a demanding IT service team with a desire to deliver very high levels of user satisfaction.
- Experience of working with 3rd party technology partners.
- Previous technical knowledge of Windows 7 services and solutions. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft tools and technologies.Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.