|Listed on:||9th December 2019|
|Salary Notes:||£Competitive Plus Benefits|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
1st Line IT Support Technician
£Competitive Plus Benefits (see below)
Established in 2005, our client provides research, insight and intelligence on the UK energy market. They now have over 250 customers and are regarded as the market leader in their area.
Their services are valued by a wide range of businesses and their original research has been cited in the national press and is regularly referenced by front bench politicians.
Our client is now looking for a 1st Line IT Support Technician to join their team and support office and remote staff IT requests.
As a 1st Line IT Support Technician, you will report to, and work closely with, the IT Manager. You will also:
- Support IT operations within the office and resolve remote staff IT requests
- Deploy new equipment
- Liaise with the outsourced support company, escalating issues to them and planning projects
- Maintain and support all company computers, telephones and printers
- Document support queries in the helpdesk system
To be considered as a 1st Line IT Support Technician, you will need skills in at least four of the following areas:
- Windows 2012 and/or 2016 server
- Office 365
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Active Directory Services
- Windows RDS and VPN
- Windows 10 clients
- Networking infrastructure LAN and WLAN - multi international sites
- Group Policy
You will also need:
- A relevant IT qualification
- Good knowledge of typical business software
- An understanding of, or exposure to, PC hardware
- Knowledge of asset management
Ideally, you will also have knowledge of the following; Cisco Meraki, 3CX, Cylance, Azure, MSSQL, Salesforce, or Mimecast, but this is by no means essential.
Our client would like to hear from you if you've worked as a Service Desk Technician, IT Support Technician, Technical Support Advisor, 1st Line Support Technician, Helpdesk Technician, IT Support Analyst or IT Helpdesk Analyst.
What are the benefits?
- 25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- Private health insurance (after qualifying period)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme after qualifying period
- Access to a benefits portal
- Family friendly policies
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking a varied role with a market leader as a 1st Line IT Support Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday