|Listed on:||22nd November 2019|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary/Rate:||£65,000 - £75,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a DevOps Security Engineer you will be an expert in cyber security, protecting and monitoring cloud environments. You will be up to date with the latest cyber security threats and mitigations and you'll help our teams ensure our customer's data is safe and secure.
You'll be contributing to an active DevOps team working on cloud infrastructure and services, build and release pipelines and monitoring and alerting.
The role is suitable for a talented DevOps engineer with either a cyber security or software development background. If you already have experience in all of these areas then great! If you're not already a DevSecOps guru then don't worry, we can provide training and support if you have the right mindset.
As a DevOps Security Engineer, you will:
- Provide expertise in the field of cyber security - Help our teams to be aware of and to follow cyber security best practices - Build monitoring and alerting capabilities - Work on infrastructure and release related projects - Automate cyber security related controls and actions - Evaluate security related products and services - Seek out and troubleshoot cyber security related incidents - Look for ways to strengthen our cyber security posture
What success will look like in 1 year
- Highly automated cyber security monitoring and alerting in place - High level of cyber security compliance based on certification and maturity models
Capabilities and Competencies Behaviours
- Detail oriented - Enjoys problem solving - Has a passion for automation - Loves trying and working with new technology - Shows a desire to learn and self-improve - Has an Agile approach to software delivery - Enjoys working as part of a successful team - Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Cloud Infrastructure and Security - Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform , Azure - Infrastructure as code - Terraform, Ansible - Docker, Kubernetes - Logging and dashboarding - ELK and other tools.
- Continuous integration and static analysis - Azure Devops, Sonarqube and other static analysis tooling - Programming - .NET, .NET core, python, nodejs - Scripting Tools - Powershell, Bash