|Listed on:||20th November|
|Salary/Rate:||£500 - £550|
|Start Date:||2019-11-20 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Admin Ssunita Chaubey|
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
Bank is investing in simplifying, modernising and transforming their IT landscape and are looking for architecture leaders to help drive this transformation. The goal is to make Infrastructure and Security enablers of agile, efficient change through platforms and capabilities that deliver secure, resilient, cost effective solutions at pace.
We're recruiting a forward-looking Cloud Architect who can combine technical thought leadership with the leadership skills to drive strategy and adoption of a variety of cloud based solutions. Working as part of the Infrastructure and Security Architecture team, the successful candidate will have knowledge of both disciplines with a deep expertise in a least one of them. Experience of delivering enterprise scale solutions on private and public clouds is expected, together with the hunger and curiosity to keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date as the industry continues to transform. The role is not a hands-one role, but the person need to work closely with Bank’s engineering and operations teams to ensure your strategy and architecture delivers the outcomes we are seeking. Ivory tower architects need not apply.
This role is not just about technical skills, the ability to command the respect of and provide leadership to stakeholders from across the organisation is absolutely critical. We expect you to be able to view problems from many different perspectives and create architectural strategies and solutions that are not only technically sound, but also include regulatory, commercial and organisational aspects when appropriate. We are looking for leaders, not managers, who produce their own deliverables and can lead others without direct authority.
You’ll bring the skills and passion to lead us further along our cloud journey… and we’ll bring opportunities on a scale not many organisations can match. So if being a part of this journey appeals and you’ve the cloud architecture experience we’re seeking then get in touch, we've a challenge for you.
Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
Part of the Cloud Strategy and Architecture team (mostly LBG permanent employees)
• Subject matter expert for public and private cloud deployments with deep and broad knowledge of multiple technologies and providers.
• Programme shaping and architecture for key strategic programmes.
• Delivery of High Level Architecture artefacts describing principles and standards to be adopted across the enterprise together with the future strategy and roadmaps.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with Transformation delivery teams to architect, design and deliver capability.
• Collaborate with delivery teams to shape cloud adoption.
• Understand industry trends and vendor offerings to ensure LBG strategy and roadmaps capitalise on opportunities
Some of KPIs for this role are mentioned below:-
• Delivering cost effective architectures.
• Personal and team budget control
Building the Business
• Delivery of own agreed plan
• Delivery of improved processes
• Evidence of strategic impact
• Evidence of key senior stakeholder satisfaction
Quality of analysis/insight
Clarity of next steps
Value added to the business
• Effective risk management and control with timely identification and management of issues
• Colleague engagement/retention
Evidence of self and colleague development