Digital Transformation Managing Consultant - Central Government
18th November 2019
Competitive + Benefits
Competitive + Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There's one in every group"the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn't afraid to break the mould and who is passionate about the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what's next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there's no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being ambitious, imaginative - and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we're not just making business better. We're making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
You understand the vital role that relationships play in building trust and that technology plays in transforming businesses, quickly spotting and sharing opportunities that others might miss. You use your persuasive interpersonal skills to influence other leaders, work with business development & sales, run procurement and move your clients' businesses forward.
About the Job
Building the application of different propositions for Public Services sector, you will develop our pipeline and sales across Advisory. You will not only have a broad wealth of technology knowledge; you'll have sector experience that will allow you to share your insights in a way that others can easily understand. You'll be opening your client's eyes to the possibilities of digital transformation and guiding them through the process. You're the authority on assessing needs, no matter how they're expressed, and pulling together innovative solutions with the assistance of your Advisory peers to enable repeatability of the solution.
As a Group Manager, we're looking to you to advance our knowledge in the Public Services sector, as well as our clients' enablement of technology, people and process. You will help the business development teams to learn more about our clients' business - helping work out solutions for problems across their technology, applications, processes and capabilities. You'll also lead teams' efforts in building strategies that people will support and deliver.
In this role, you will:
- Work with a group of Business Developers within our Public Sector team on developing new Advisory opportunities
- Build an understanding of client and competitor business models, leading with consultative selling that generates an Advisory sales and delivery pipeline
- Advise clients on customer-related digital challenges, opportunities and initiatives, with a focus on IT Strategy and Transformation, Customer and Employee Experience Transformation, Data & Analytics and Automation & Artificial Intelligence.
- Help leadership and other project partners make informed decisions and navigate complex challenges
- Tailor propositions to take to market across the public sector
- Drive solution creation for specific opportunities that may include parts from multiple capabilities
- Be the overall client liaison as part of the project teams on large-scale, complex and important projects
You've got proven skills in growing client intimacy directly and with sales teams to become a trusted advisor to a client. You will have experience in sales; pre-sales or consulting within the Public Services sector. You probably have a good understanding of the Microsoft eco-system.
You have at least six years of experience in IT transformation strategy, architecture and operating models, with at least four years as a manager. Using your strong business insight, you encourage and lead teams, budgets and business targets.
Ideally, your experience includes:
- Selling as a team - either as the lead, account manager, business development, pre-sales or consulting
- Crafting new propositions for specific markets or sectors - often built upon or tailoring existing propositions
- Co-creating account and marketing plans
- Running all parts of a project from balancing budgets to leading teams
- Explaining complex technologies and concepts in a non-technical language
- Understanding and supporting the procurement cycle